QLD Brisbane Property 2016

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Steven Ryan, 1st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

I asked this same question here -> Asking for a friend...

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Are you guys friends ....:cool:

Cliff

Frazz likes this.
  3. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

As far as I know, no.. :)

4. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

15 seems long if it's not in a massive highrises with big bc

5. Whitecat

I knew you would come around @MTR houses close to the city in bne are a good bet moving forward. A very liveable large city that shows great value in comparison to syd/melb. Seeing a bit of press recently on syd/melb migrants paying good money for homes closer to the cbd.

Magoo and MTR like this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

You guys just wear me down, there is only so much I can take before I have to give in to the mass. I may even start my own thread, I will call it "Brissy/QLD the Star Performer 2017"....:p

MTR

ej89, Magoo, ZephG and 3 others like this.
  7. smator

smator Well-Known Member

Is Fitzgibbon too far away from the CBD?

8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Should I update my original post then?

MTR and Whitecat like this.
  9. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

Yes.

...Hang on, too far away for what?

Whitecat likes this.
  10. Whitecat

Close to train should be ok. Is far by bne standards but you have to buy to your budget

11. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

But MTR , remember Sydney . Mt Druitt pretty well , so maybe you could also include Logan , goodna or Ipswich in a shopping list .

Cliff

ej89 likes this.
  12. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

I used to post regularly on somersoft but rarely do now. Started "Brisbane project" approx. 3 months back exploring various areas which is the best to invest.

We 3 are friends. I did communicated with RE agents and locked in the price after extensive due dilligence and research may be extra 10K. Did the Building & Pest Inspection before reaching brisbane a day or two in advance say wed & thu (happy to lose the inspection report cost)

Asked the agents to come with contract ready and asked my building & pest inspector about the property an hour or two and my inspector was a "GEM" approx. 35 years experience who did helped me a lot travelling with me whole day from one property to other and provided detailed assessment about the pros and cons of each property.

Signed three contracts and came back to sydney. The areas are mitchelton, stafford and stafford heights as they were in our budget. Happy with my brisbane project.

ESL_M, melbourne171, Pumpkin and 3 others like this.
  13. Whitecat

Big returns in agriculture due to
    Cool. How come you did this on behalf of your mates?
    I note the 900k! house in mitchelton auction weekend before last

14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

The best place to own a home[/QUOTE]

It's the next suburb from 3 of my properties on various sides. It's good, OO type properties. But IMO it lacks culture, restaurants, cafes, the ability to gentrify. Last I looked though I thought it had become good value as the adjacent suburbs had caught up. Holland Park to my knowledge is still the most searched suburb in the country. Call the pa-lice and the fireman.

melbourne171 likes this.
  15. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Mutual Trust, know them for a while
    Out of three Mitchelton was nice. Stafford and Stafford Heights come next.
    House with more than 600sqm level block within 8-10kms u won't go wrong in Brisbane if u r not a speculator and invest for 7-10 years timeframe.

Observer and Whitecat like this.
  16. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Pumpkin, Observer and Whitecat like this.
  17. norwoodman

norwoodman Well-Known Member

Brisbane Metro has to be one of the most expensive plans that Brisbane City Council has come up with in order to avoid admitting that it needs to reform the bus network. It hasn't even come close to being proven to be technically feasible - Victoria Bridge is unlikely to be able to handle the loads of the trains intended to cross it and the trains that could handle the required capacity can't negotiate the sharp turns and slopes currently used by the existing busways.

Even if it was technically feasible, it doesn't even come close to benefiting the rest of the public transport network - it's just a gold plated plan that makes the network more disjointed and uncoordinated.

18. Finrod

Finrod Active Member

Some anecdotal observations from the ground - I've had four agents contact me within 24 hours about whether I would like to do something with my properties - such as transition PMs or sell. Not sure if my number has been distributed at some REA get together or newsletter in the last day!

In any case - the last REA caller was from Beenleigh and mentioned the market has had a slight uptick recently, so they are starting to scramble for potential sellers and stock.

It could just be proactive sales people doing the rounds to drum up business - but given the number of calls in such a short time frame - it could also be the start of something a bit more correlated with a supply-demand imbalance!

19. Whitecat

I hope they can overcome the issues as at face value it is a very good idea. Reducing buses in the CBD would be great and having that quick connection across river too. I am a fan of the Metro and cross river rail.

Pumpkin likes this.
  20. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

I would prefer a new train line branching out from bowen hills or choose from one of the north west line station between alderley or enoggera and connect chermside west, aspley or everton park, albany creek joining strathpine station rather than brisbane metro and/or cross river rail.

Angel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.