QLD Brisbane Property 2016

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Steven Ryan, 1st Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

ej

The interesting thing is most people are seeing bigger moves on the ground .

Part of the issue is the moving average that most people use , which averages the last 12 months rolling forwards , so the average for goodna would include sales from a year ago , while the actual prices being achieved now are at least 10 % higher .

Cliff

Sackie, samiam and willair like this.
  3. Luka

Luka Well-Known Member

Hobart might have been the way to go, as some folk suggest last year. Im keen to see how far it goes as I was expecting to see national drop

Last edited: 26th Sep, 2016
  4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Central / middle ring in Hobart is moving . Could find reasonable properties in mid 200's , now anything under 300 has issues .

Cliff

5. Justme-

Justme- Active Member

In the Logan area, will you go for Browns Plains or Mount warren for growth and Yield, and vacancy rate and good tenants ? I know you can't get all all the times... :)

6. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

About to list a dual living near Waterford west, already had an offer from a big family that lives across the road very keen to buy due to continually missing out apparently, agents saying big lack of stock and not much coming online yet for spring. Hopefully ramps up for summer

RetireRich101 likes this.
  7. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

Personally I think the proximity to the m1 is paramount but that's just my opinion .

8. Justme-

Justme- Active Member

Thank you

9. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

The low SES suburbs of Logan kicked off the growth in the last 18-24months with double digit growth. The adjacent and better suburbs of Logan will be doing catching up and will see better growth in the next 18-24months. These suburbs include Waterford West/Marsden/Crestmead, Browns Plain/Heritage Park suburbs...

Special order likes this.
  10. Jack Chen

Jack Chen Well-Known Member

On google maps I see alot of empty land immediately south of these suburbs, e.g. Park Ridge, Logan Reserve etc. Will this be where future developments will be? If so, could it potentially diminish the values of existing stock?

Whitecat likes this.
  11. Justme-

Justme- Active Member

Good point too
    The more I read, the more I am confused and delay purchase :(

12. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

My mother is an agent in the suburbs you mentioned. This area is always the last to get moving. She has just this month noticed a definite uptick and that her weeks are busy. I was a bit aghast that nothing had been happening for her with the last 24 months of movement closer to town. Hopefully good news.

13. RetireRich101

.. and if you google bit further south there is Yarrabilba, a newly $11b estate, that will house 45,000 people by 2041. These are your new house on 250m2 land selling for low 300k. I don't have the crystal ball if these new these estate developments in Yarrabilba/Park Ridge/Logan Reserve would affect established property prices. If there is any merit in comparing new estate development in Sydney then established suburbs around the North/South Growth Centre such as Liverpool/Leppington, Schofields/Riverstone etc benefited from these new estate....

14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Yarrabilba is in the middle of noooowhere. Last check was 22km to the nearest chinese takeaway. (I prefer being able to smell it when I get home)

Whitecat and JDP1 like this.
  15. RetireRich101

Nice, didn't know your mother was an Agent there..you never know I probably spoken to her :)
    So in the Logan thread, I am hearing a BA, a broker and few Agents I spoke to in the area suggest we're on the same page. This is happening shortly after the election and interest rate cut or thereabouts.

Bran likes this.
  16. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have watched that area grow for the past 36 years after investing in a large block in cedar creek back then,only my opinion the way it has grown and the flood zones Jimboomba may well become the central business hub,even Beaudesert with all the new small block estates going back into Jimboomba..

17. simnatped

simnatped Member

I'm considering selling my 1bed 1bath 1car investment unit in Fortitude Valley. My tenant has just given notice to leave and I'm thinking I could use the sale proceeds to renovate my own house.

The apartment market in the Valley right now is pretty terrible, I know noone has a crystal ball but is there likely to be any improvement in the market in the next couple years? Or is the feeling it will dip even lower?

I had an offer 2 years ago for $347k and was just told today I'd be lucky to get $300k now....

18. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

There are still a lot more unit developments in the Valley that haven't been completed yet, so the market is set to dip a lot further.. I'm in a similar boat where I wanted to sell a unit to fund a reno on the ppor. I've accepted the fact that there will be zero growth for the next 15 years and the unit can be accom for our kids when they leave home.

Bran and Whitecat like this.
  19. Justme-

Justme- Active Member

20. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

This may be biased report, but I have been thinking with Brissy its basically a case of buying well in perhaps blue chip areas or surrounds, close to CBD, and the right product should see strong growth moving forward as these areas seem to be doing well today. I like Holland Park

The best place to own a home

Magoo and Whitecat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.