QLD Brisbane outer ring townhouses

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by BarneyRubble, 22nd Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    I hit it fairly hard from 2000-2010 - basically purchasing a property per year over the course of the decade. Some years, purchasing none and other years purchasing two depending upon our financial situation and existing portfolio CG at the times of purchasing. We have not sold any since purchase.

All things remaining equal I believe starting today doing what I did back then can continue - for me (immediately prior to my rat race exit) wage income had doubled, yields have kept pace with CG, interest rates are currently lower and my 80% borrowing LVR's remain the same.

2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

inner ring townhouse performance has not, and will not in the future, be the same as outer counterparts.
    Sapply and demand as noted by others. Outer has more land ans thus more likely to have more and build more rapidly. Less available land in inner ring obviously.
    Demand- proximity to jobs and location favors inner ring as compared to outer.

3. Bryan Loughnan

Bryan Loughnan Well-Known Member

Loosely I'd agree Rick - demand includes things like employment and major projects/infrastructure, immigration, affordability, lifestyle choices, births and deaths etc. Whilst these all do influence confidence, more specifically though confidence relates to political stability, interest rates, job security and probably most importantly media influences. A good property market is going to need a good balance of supply, demand and confidence to perform well.

ej89 likes this.
  4. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Yep there are lots of underlying fundamentals pertaining to consumer sentiment, as you mention.

Bryan Loughnan likes this.
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Well-Known Member

Well said !
    I think confidence means: me and partner still have my jobs for the next 5-10 years.
    Confidence is much more important than interest rate and affordability factors. Look at Brisbane, people still have not started buying in a big way due to massive job losses in the past couple of years. But they will in the next couple of years.

Whitecat, Bryan Loughnan and ej89 like this.
  6. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

7. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of pointshe or she makes about modern product

8. Scotty3

Scotty3 Well-Known Member

9. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

@Scotty3, Ideally 1-7 years or a little more as long as its modern looking.

10. Scotty3

Scotty3 Well-Known Member

Cheers Rixter.

You mention quite a bit about what you look for in your townhouse purchasing strategy.
    What are some of the key things you look out for that are big no nos to your strategy?

11. tkr

tkr New Member

12. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

@Scotty3, The biggest no no is not structuring one's property acquisitions for CG and structuring finances accordingly for doing so.

Being able to build a substantial size residential property portfolio is NOT about 'property'.

Its about finance and structuring it in such a way so as to be in a position of being able to continually accessing it to keep purchasing and building your portfolio further.

You must meet the banks/lender LVR & DSR lending modules and continually place yourself in a position to do so 'before' hitting their module walls because if you leave it until after its too late - catch 22.

You need to get an IP savy finance strategist on your team, sit down with them and discuss 'your' big picture goals & proposed investment strategy for attaining those goals before anything else.

I hope this helps.

Observer, Luffert66, Gockie and 9 others like this.
  13. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

This is one of the best posts on here or somersoft. Well done in putting it so simply

Observer, Redom, Rixter and 1 other person like this.
  14. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Correction: no posts are better than the hype brisbane ones...oh wait...this is (yet another) hype brisbane post...:)

15. cheekykoon

cheekykoon Well-Known Member

You are so damn right to get the finance in order. When you can imagine yourself affording anything with a proper finance structure in place, you suddenly gained superpower... thats how I felt when I purchase my first property.... I feel magic through me. :) When I knew I can do this unlimitedly... I mean wow...!

Rixter likes this.
  16. skuzy

skuzy Well-Known Member

fwiw - this is the key principle iam learning again and again (however its not always written so transparently like this) via PC or SS and as a rookie i dont consciously think this way.. i keep having to remind myself this is what iam trying to achieve.

Rixter likes this.
  17. cheekykoon

cheekykoon Well-Known Member

Is this an exciting new project? Or seems like its being spruiked?

18. tkr

tkr New Member

That depends on what you consider exciting about it. The thing I found interesting was the client name given the school catchment it falls within - and knowing how areas with Chinese interest perform.
    In regards to the development itself, decide for yourself. I like the area, but this one isnt for me

cheekykoon likes this.