Brisbane North

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Joshua2019, 23rd Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Joshua2019

Joshua2019 Member

Where to buy owner occupied 4 bedroom house for 750k budget with decent land size. These are the few suburbs that we have shortlisted

1. Mcdowall
    2. Aspley
    3. Carseldine
    4. Bridgeman downs
    5. Everton park

The reason being - as these suburbs are closer to Price Charles hospital for work and to Mcdowall state school/Northside christian colleges, also not far from city with more chances of capital growth. Glad to hear opinion about these places and of other suburbs in North.

2. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

If your main goal is capital Growth I’d be picking Everton park, the area is really starting to move. A lot of people moving into the area and that new Laneway development is PACKED on weekends.

you’ll most likely get a bigger house in McDowell/Bridgeman downs but you have a really nice budget for Everton as well. See below, $750k gets you a huge place on a good block, even high 6s and then spend $50k on new kitchen and bathrooms and you would most likely value up close to 8.

11 Friend Street, Everton Park, Qld 4053
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-everton+park-131966182

6 Nerli Street, Everton Park, Qld 4053
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-everton+park-132770654

26 Ballinderry Street, Everton Park, Qld 4053
    https://www.realestate.com.au/sold/property-house-qld-everton+park-132585858

Patrick Bateman and Sackie like this.
  3. Joshua2019

Joshua2019 Member

You are a saviour Codie, We were initially looking at North Lakes, Mango hill, Bald hill area for newer and a larger house but changed our mind because of poor CG. Everton park and Mcdowall will be our 1st preference.

4. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Stafford Heights
    Stafford
    These 2 suburbs are on the charge up recently. Stock is low for the big blocks which I think will push price up again this year.

Disclosure: I have a IP in Stafford so my comments could be bias.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  5. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

I Completely agree. I’ve kept up to date for Stafford heights for years now, I ended up buying in Everton park due to getting a better home/street and a higher owner occ % but have had friends buy a couple here and renovated

But Stafford/heights has done well and is continuously going up, where it’s situated and proximity to the CBD via the tunnel is going to be worth it in the future. Just as grange and Gordon park benefited from it.

Revealed: The 10 Brisbane suburbs in which to buy property in 2020 - realestate.com.au

6. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Plenty of land and new builds up that way mate, I think for your budget it would be a wasted opportunity

Get as close as you can to Brisbane with the best block you can, the good thing is $750k also gets you a large sought after family home that will be in demand and get a premium as growth lifts. Once you have the big block/big home, it’s easy to improve it over the years and create some nice equity.

MWI likes this.
  7. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Agree with @Codie.
    Please note I own in four of the suburbs you mentioned many IPs.
    Personally I would buy the best location and place for $750K permitting with minor cosmetic renovation possibility for now or later. Closer to best schools, higher OO, higher median weekly household income. You can research such information via:
    Australia Suburb Profile - Brisbane HomePrice - Ranking
    So I would search suburbs where median price permits such budget and see if I can buy of value with renovation potential for the future. Especially for your PPOR.
    Let us know how you progress...;)

Codie likes this.
  8. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Last edited: 25th Sep, 2020

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.