Brisbane: Mediocre Growth, Low Confidence, Beware Logan ...

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by pugstar205, 21st Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Ah I see...

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

@sash I remember reading this post back then before making the trip there to look hard at the surroundings - so was your predictions right or wrong ?

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Logan/Ipswich has no performed as well as within 10 klms of Brisbane and parts of Moreton Bay.....

There is also a lot of people getting annoyed with me about what I am saying about Sydney...that market is definitely correcting...just like parts of inner Melbourne.

The on the other side of ...places like Mickleham, Wydnham Vale, and Officer are now mid 4s to 5s for 3x2x2 houses. I bought a lot for under 320k as house and land packages...

Geelong is also going nuts...so the question need to be asked in the wisdom of buying in Logan?

I too made investments in Brisbane...they have not performed as well as Melbourne and Geelong...though they are now on the upward trend...

4. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

It's always welcomed when people do comment on their investments which are not going as well instead of always talking about the successes. I quite like Geelong and quite a number of my Melbourne colleagues have brought into the area, but the only issue is the commuting time that they need to provide.

I am seeing some properties in Sydney coming down but they weren't that competitive in the first place and now the buyers have abit of a choice now.

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You have to roll with the punches markets do not always perform as expected...but it also takes insight to ensure you consistently make money.

I am confident that Brisbane will make money..I reckon I will see that come up aces in the next 2 years or so....not the degree of Sydney/Melbourne but good growth...I am talk about 30-60% more than today.

Blueskies likes this.
  6. melbournian

If you took the end of the Dandenong line or Frankston line with stop after stop unless express. The geelong train will be quicker as it is only 1 way non-stop. Same like some suburbs which has a freeway of 120km per hour vs one that is 80km per hour in Melbourne. Even though a suburb is 42kms away it can take 35 minutes only to reach CBD.

7. eletronic_exp0430

eletronic_exp0430 Well-Known Member

Perfect example of why not to believe all these webpages and investor information freely available online. The writers themselves a lot of the time are not investors and they don't know much.

It states in there Logan has one of the highest unemployment rates. Geez things change in 2 years - it was 0.1 percent lower than the national average and I think its currently sitting at exactly the same as the average now.

8. melbournian

When you have many choices - supply demand factors why would you expect prices to go up in undesirable places. Simplistic analytics example if you have 50 ppl looking into 50 suburbs where 48 suburbs are 1 mil, and the remaning 2 is 500K median, each has 700K max to spend that 2 suburbs would be going to 700K. Where else if you have 50 people looking at 50 suburbs 25 were 500K and rest were 250K and everyone has 500K to spend the other 25 is not going to move that much.