QLD Brisbane - market performance tracker

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by sash, 15th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Hooray...after many false starts Brissie is now moving into a solid growth cycle.....see article below

Brisbane median house price hits $655k

What is very interesting..is that the median for Moreton Bay is more than Logan..and is only about 90k of the Redland Bay shire. I would be interesting to see if the gap closes this cycle...as Redland shire has very poor infrastructure.

I have set-up this thread for people to post information to monitor actual movements across the wider/greater Brissie market ...

As I have said....the movement will be pronounced from 2019-2020.....but actually watching this is very exciting and long overdue..

Last edited: 15th Sep, 2017
  2. nth brisbanite

nth brisbanite Well-Known Member

That article was dated March 2017. Any later figures?

3. sash

sash Well-Known Member

4. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

About time !
    Put 6 mil into Brisbane 5 years ago.
    Could have invested it locally for huge gains.
    Hope it pays in the next few years.

5. sash

sash Well-Known Member

You bloody fool.....just kiddin' ..... :p

Brisbane area draws young professionals and downsizers - realestate.com.au

If the above article is anything to go by ...Annerley. followed by Morooka.is next....apparently a high demand for units in Greenslopes.

Supply unlike in other parts is limited to mostly older stuff...

6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Me Annerley properties have done better than Camp Hill, and looks like it will continue that way.
    The Camp Hill stuff has been harder fill when vacancies arise too.

7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Not surprise....Annerley is the next hipster spot.....

8. fols

fols Well-Known Member

Nice. Either way you've got a cool $2m equity gain coming at ya in the next few years. I'm into it for $3m as well- so I'm with ya! Disappointed if I don't see a $1m upside in the next 2 years.

9. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yep you should be in for $1m comfortably in the next 2-3 years.

I sunk $1.92m (original paid cost)...in Brissie across 4 houses and 3 units...plan to pull $1-1.5m out in the next 3-4 years. I have already made about 600k already....in the last couple of years.

Whitecat, bob shovel, icic and 2 others like this.
  10. icic

icic Well-Known Member

I am alsolooking forward for a $1m+ upside in the next 2-3 years, I think we should all catchup for a crazy celebration party when this happen ; )

Whitecat likes this.
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Holding in Holland park, holland Park west, moorooka, camp hill, seven hills, Coorparoo fig tree..off the top of my head.

Giddy up Brissy!!

Blueskies, Whitecat and fols like this.
  12. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Have you made much in terms of profits yet? Good areas...but also high holding costs...

13. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

@sash, great idea for a thread. Any chance you can track some detailed metrics on individual suburbs / regions and post here? Would be very interesting to follow.

Whitecat likes this.
  14. sash

sash Well-Known Member

those numbers are not reliable i was tracking it and it did not reflect what was on the ground.

it was when i called a couple agents in Redcliffe the penny dropped. Little stock and firm prices as well as a lot of competition.

The stats did not refflect the stuff on the ground

bobbyj likes this.
  15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

One of the sites I am doing with a JV, all sold OTP not long ago for the price we wanted or slightly below. So if we can continue to manage the build costs then we are on track for 30% return on TDC. When that site was bought it was about negative CF $400 a week. That's all been calculated into the numbers.

The other splitter sites I hold are all negative CF each one approx $200 a week however if I decide to sell any one of the now, after all expenses I would make quite a decent profit on each, between $100k to 300K on each. I don't do the whole Buy and hold thing. When I buy a property its viewed as a deal and has a plan to add value in some way and then to hold some, sell some or sell all. All the negative CF is already calculated into the deal from the beginning with multiple exit strategies. Each of the splitters are already on track at todays prices to net about 500k-700k each deal once developed. The last site I bought in Seven hills, I had a PM with williamB who is very active in Brisbane and viewed my site and believes I got it at least 100k below what recent smaller sites in the area have sold for. I nabbed that one very quickly with some 'insider' knowledge but I never discuss certain aspects of this game on a public forum. I am sure you know what I mean :)

Tim86, RetireRich101, ellejay and 2 others like this.
  16. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

That's exciting. The fun has stopped in Sydney but the music continues up north

17. KayTea

KayTea Well-Known Member

That sounds incredibly exciting. Geez, you must be good at managing your time and your assets. Well done @Leo2413 - that's the kind of lifestyle and 'way of working' I can only aspire to.

Whitecat and Sackie like this.
  18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Time management and managing the processes I'm OK with..its more managing the people part that can be very stressful ( at least for me) at times because the consultants are experts in their own field so when they BS you on occasion , its not so easy to know that right away. Overall it is exciting but i also tend to stress more than i need to...still working on that :)

adam duckworth and KayTea like this.
  19. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Yes...but some of the people are over sensitive on the forum as they try to exit Sydney when the whole herd list over the next 12 months..this is classic signs of a correcting market.....2019 should be very interesting for Sydney....

Whitecat likes this.
  20. icic

icic Well-Known Member

btw guys, is the apartment oversupply is becoming more or less of an issue for brissy now compare to 6 months Ago? haven't been paying attention to it lately.