QLD Brisbane looks good

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Steven Ryan, 19th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

In 5 years from now, the total % growth cumulative for every yr for 5 yrs will surpass druitt .

2. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

I'm finding this talk about Brisbane very interesting. I've been hearing about a lot of investors buying into Brisbane now, expecting that it is going to be the next boom after Sydney. If everyone is buying there now, wouldn't that start the boom now (causing it to not really be worth it) or am I looking at it the wrong way?

3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

That's what I keep thinking! And don't want to buy in with a whole heap of investors.

4. Arashi87

Arashi87 Well-Known Member

Can we really hype the market :eek:

5. Justin_Z

Justin_Z Mortgage Broker Business Member

Intrinsically, the value in Brisbane is just much better than than some of the other cities. Whilst the average wage might be slightly lower than Sydney, the Brisbane house prices are % wise LOT lower than Sydney when compared to incomes and expenses. There's basically no houses in Sydney within a 30min drive of the city CBD that is under 1m, yet there are plenty of those in Brisbane that are way below 1m. The bonus for from my perspective is that yields are still great in comparison to Sydney which allows investors to hold on to their properties longer for possible CG in the hopefully near future.

Disclaimer: I own 2 IPs in Brisvegas :D

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

From what I know of the banking sector, Sydney and Melbourne still appear to be the standout performers growth wise. (Though, it would be wrong to automatically conclude the purpose of the banking is to fuel the Melbourne and Sydney property markets)

Brisbane - not so much?
    Makes some sense as Sydneysiders and Melbournians have heaps of equity?

I know my friends have been buying in Brissie, and hopefully i'll settle on one next month touch wood.

Last edited: 20th Jun, 2015
  7. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I was going to ask if there were like buttons, and there are.

Can I just like the whole thread?

C'mon Brisbane. I'm too highly leveraged and getting impatient.

markgordon and Paterson00 like this.
  8. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Whenever checked the stats in the past , every where seems to go up by a similar percentage , unless it's somewhere that gentrifies.

Interestingly , in the past nice areas tend to go up more gradually , while cheaper areas flat line then play catch up . Hence the 2 bed der by niece bought in Coogee has been going up for a number of years where as 2770 has done its move mainly in the last 2-3 .

Get your timing right ....

The concept that nice properties go up more is a fallacy perpetuated by people like Michael yardney as a tool to persuade people to buy the types of properties that he likes ( through him) ..

Cliff

9. Eric Wu

Eric Wu Well-Known Member

agree, sometimes it makes me think that M.Yardney is full of B*******.

10. See Change

S
    all of the guru's have their flaws , strengths , weaknesses and biases .

Michaels no better or worse than the rest .

Cliff

blackrocky and MTR like this.
  11. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

so just to further clarify, if say looking at western syd, it has obviously increased over the last few years, but overall its your entry price that will vary and as a guide increase across the area will be x%.
    so to be picky or over extend yourself to buy the "nicer" property isnt neccesary.
    obviously tjis is a very general statement

12. See Change

Really comes down to personal preferences .

You need to aware of the possibilities and make informed decisions .

Cliff

13. bob shovel

oh yeah of course, but if an area spikeslike mentioned if bought right there will be gains across that area.

14. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Yeah. Lots of suburbs have experienced significant growth already in this cycle. The time to jump on it was late 2013. Still some good buys if you know what you're doing, but woe be to ye says I if you're from down South and are unfamiliar with the area. Brisbane and Canberra are fickle markets. Anyone expecting Sydney type gains will be waiting a long time.
    By the time the magazines, spruikers and forums are going on about it, it's already happened.

pugstar205 likes this.
  15. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

The factors that led to me buying in Greater Brisbane were the posts and discussion here, also backed up by activity of my MB's colleagues also buying in Brisbane. That and good value, great yields and low vacancy rates.

16. See Change

I'll disagree with you on that .

In the last cycle people were talking about Logan long before it moved significantly , in particular with regards to the forums .

At the moment there has been lots of talk of Logan , but it has only just gone above its previous highs from six years ago . Woodridge 2009 - 270 k , currently 275 k . You can still buy in those areas for 6 % yields . Personally I'm looking elsewhere .

Typically most suburbs double each cycle .

IMHO it's probably the easiest and most predictable money to make in the property cycle .

Cliff

17. bob shovel

time to suss out where your looking... a bit like a treasure hunt

18. See Change

In my experience it takes a while for the market to start moving .

last time Brisbane really only took off once Sydney started slowing down , then it moved quickly .

At the moment it's mainly southerners who are buying , but the same thing happened in the last cycle .

Cliff

19. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I went to one of his seminars. His blogs are good value, although I prefer some of the contributor posts. Agree that he tends to push inner-ring suburbs. He even discourages buying near infrastructure in outer suburbs. My experience with buying my PPOR has shown that you can do well buying near infrastructure. That partly guided my decision to buy my first IP in Deception Bay.

His advice of buying below intrinsic value is good advice, although this is just his fancy jargon for buying below market value.

20. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Inner North would be my pick, but plenty of the suburbs have gone up already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.