QLD Brisbane looks good

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Steven Ryan, 19th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

It was a steal when you picked it up.

Am sure it'll hold its value well longterm given the size and garage which alone, if dropped the same distance from Sydney's CBD, would add 3 figures to a sale price.

2. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

The views would be great. Uninterrupted

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Go East Brisbane... it's because there is no more land to be released (look at a map and see the available land in all other directions.... it makes sense). East and Inner should continue to do well imo.

4. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

I wonder how long they will take to sell at those prices - advertising started in October?

I doubt the minimum $3.1m gross realization?

Eric Wu likes this.
  5. Steven Ryan

@Chris White - I'll be interested as well. There will be a lot more of these projects popping up so I can't see them going too quickly unless priced very well.

On the gross, just a ballpark of from price x number of dwellings.

6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

So much development happening in moorooka the area you have invested in now,from people that the blocks are already split on the title,and move a removal in on the spare title,then you have the small 3 townhouse developments on blocks like yours,then the 2 street frontage multi level walkups,a mate of mine does the 3 townhouse developments in that area on lmr above 600sqms blocks which they have held for a long time,and most sell prior to finish ,3 townhouses seem to work well in that area..imho..

7. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I rode around Mt Gravatt East this morning and it's the same. I think the increased population will boost the Central retail strip, and then the area will be ready for round two of supply.
    I am unsure if I should look at 3- 4 higher quality townhouses on my block, or just go for 6-7 apartments. It's for a forever hold (As much as I can). Or even split the block and two nice houses... (less yield here, but I can split the costs and build one at a time)

C-mac likes this.
  8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good to hear they're able to put some money towards something besides the payroll system.

Bran likes this.
  9. gman65

gman65 Well-Known Member

I see it being about the same to less, as I am not sure there has been a huge change in just fundamentals yet. Just a gradual one. Population growth is still slower than it has been in the past, and there is still a *lot* of rental vacancies, and more of these new developments coming onto the market, all waiting for people to fill them. If there was any looming vacancy shortage (as seemed to be the case in 2014/15 in Syd) then things could be different.

Having 2 properties in Brisbane, I would like to obviously see 10% gains, but on the conservative side of the fence right now. :)

Seems everybody has slightly different perspectives on how 2016 will go... which makes it interesting.

That is what I was thinking. Same as this year, some areas 8-10%, some quite flat, so on average 4-5%.

10. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

I would be happy with 5% growth for all my Brisbane inner ring properties.
    Can't be over greedy and in 10 years time, I would be in a very good position.

11. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself lol..
    Im greedy...want to see sydney numbers...but i know that probably will not happen...so ill drink my scotch whisky to console myself. :)

12. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Last cycle , Brisbane boomed quicker than Sydney ...

Cliff

bob shovel likes this.
  13. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Time for a new thread ?

Brisbane looks better in 2016 ?

Cliff

Whitecat and JDP1 like this.
  14. Observer

Observer Well-Known Member

I'd perhaps go with townhouses or even houses taking into account upcoming apartments supply.

JDP1 likes this.
  15. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but im still going to have my scotch. ..

16. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I've done some rough numbers with a development manager, it's not going to be particularly worth it for three town houses. 7 units - definitely.

Last edited: 23rd Dec, 2015
  17. Observer

Observer Well-Known Member

How about two nice double storey houses? Sell one keep one or keep both if possible? Less competition with all the apartments...

18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I spoke to the project manager about the options, it brings the land cost per dwelling up too much.
    It's more about the end goal - positive cash-flow on 7 apartments acquired at wholesale pricing.
    It won't happen in a hurry, so Ill see what happens with supply. I think the area I am in will be ok, they are mostly little boutique blocks. I think the medium residential stock is targeting a different market at a different price point

Edit: (Very, very early days here. Have hardly started any proper DD/research on it.)

Scotty3, bob shovel and Observer like this.
  19. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Don't be so hasty @See Change - there's still a week to go ;)

20. Steven Ryan

All comes down the the numbers, doesn't it? :)

Whatever you can finance that'll get you closest to you goal, within your risk profile.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.