Brisbane leaky shower - what have you paid ?

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by dabbler, 24th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Mel Morgan

Mel Morgan Sydney Property Manager Business Member

Have a cracked shower base and trying to find someone willing to replace with similar size, replace/waterproof bottom row of tiles etc..would appreciate any referrals to a handyman who can get it sorted out for me.

2. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

That sounds reasonably simple. What sort of quotes have you had so far? Is there any issue with any part of the job in particular (e.g. size of the base plate)?

3. Mel Morgan

My PM has told me she is unable to find someone. A handyman I have used previously promised he'd have a look at it but no luck there..if it was in Sydney it would be super easy for me. Can you help recommend someone Tom? The shower base I'm told is 1000x1000mm so it shouldn't be too hard to find another one, and I'm not fussy about the replacement tiles.

4. JesseT

JesseT Well-Known Member

How did the repairs go @dabbler and @Meristone ?
    I currently have waterproofing shower issues in Logan myself.
    $495 for grout only repair.
    $2,795 full waterproofing of shower.

Neither quote including removal and refit of screen.

5. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

3 days ! ? My first quote was 8k from a handyman, second quote was 1.8k from a handy man but he didn't turn up. I got it done by a builder it only took one day and cost 1.2k, plus $185 for a plumber and his very expensive mixer. I got a gut, new lining ,vanity, floor and shower, done in 3 days.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  6. Mel Morgan

@JesseT - I ended up finding a handyman who cost me about $1,600 in the end, and I was quite happy with that. It included removing the shower base and bottom row of tiles, repair to an internal rotted stud, new shower base from bunnings (cost about $450), waterproofing, retiling and reinstalling the showerscreen. Took him about 4 half days. More importantly he returned calls and showed up when he said he would. Let me know if you want his details.

Tom Rivera and Sackie like this.