QLD Brisbane is booming 2022!

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sackie, 1st Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

On the Camp Hill ones I'd take it with a grain of salt. The 3.5m target was a bit of a fantasy I think. Camp Hill is great but there are only a few spots on the suburb that would hit that value at the moment. These places would be fair value in the high twos, early 3s mark.

139 Indus Street, Camp Hill, Qld 4152 https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-camp+hill-139010079

This was one of them above. It's more Carina than Camp Hill lol. It's a big house and very well done but not a spot that looks good value in that range.

2. frankjeager

frankjeager Well-Known Member

oh fair enough, i was more meaning the one that went to auction

3. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

Yeah fair enough. Open homes on the Gresham St house for this week got cancelled this afternoon so I expect they've got an offer they're happy with now, we'll see how it went soon enough.

Gen-Y likes this.
  4. frankjeager

frankjeager Well-Known Member

time will tell. you got a guess?

5. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

3.55m is my guess

frankjeager likes this.
  6. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

7. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

"Prices are still rising – but not at that same pace that they were earlier this year.”"

Still rising though.......still getting more expensive not cheaper. Its just that sellers absolutely price gouging buyers have had to reduce their profit margins slightly.

They are still laughing. Up 30%+ over the last 18 months. Reducing their profit margins buy 1-2% they still grinning ear to ear.

I reckon the rate of growth will slow to 1-2% until spring selling season and we'll have to evaluate then. Brisbane still provide immense value for money imho. If the bonds markets are right they are expecting interest rate reductions by mid 2023.

IF that eventuates we'll see another asset boom towards end of 2023+

Bongo likes this.
  8. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I am listening to song from Salt and Peppa. They keep saying it pump it pump it .. makes me think of ya. ;)

Back on topics talking to quite a few agents... all reporting market levelling off no significant drops yet but reckon it is coming. Some saying 10-15%.

frankjeager likes this.
  9. LP7

LP7 Well-Known Member

Two tiers at the moment. There's been a definite slowdown in activity but I feel the split in which suburbs are still rising v those which are stagnating/declining, is the proportion of newer/finished homes v older/renovator types. Camp Hill powering on vs say the Stafford Heights/Geebung types snagnating.

Finished product will continue to hold their price if not even inch ahead, while places that need some work / total renos / knockdowns will drop off reasonably hard.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  10. sash

sash Well-Known Member

That is what I am hearing nicely renovated and new builds holding their own. Albeit no more FOMO.

Exodus of people to list....will be interesting to see prices in 3 months. Growth in Brissie about to reverse??

11. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

12. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

Nice and close to Bunnings for the Reno.

That area floods extremely badly though...

13. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

quick fix it up and flip it the next owner sucker. They can worry about the once in a 50 years flood.
    It just flooded this year. It won't be for another 10 years at least. :rolleyes:

14. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I know -you line up the first goal post at the cross-bar as you drive into that street from Salisbury end and that's the 2011 level-The last one this year was about 500mm lower then 2011..
    I have just about finished one property walking distance from that house and been living there while having covid -apart from the floods it's a quite location..
    What do you think it will sell for as this is only the start of the sell-off..

Tim86 likes this.
  15. MissMel

MissMel Well-Known Member

Just re-listed with new agent. Open this Sat

16. rookie101

rookie101 Well-Known Member

Yep sold within 48hrs

17. LP7

LP7 Well-Known Member

Just watched a passed in auction in Mansfield.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-mansfield-139475119

Buyers got up to 1.165m, then consecutive vendor bids of 1.2m and then 1.3m. No surprise there was no further interest afterwards. Nice place but looks this vendor, and vendors generally are getting a bit carried away if they're still expecting continue topping what the last/most recent sales were in this interest rate environment.

Arthurark likes this.
  18. Arthurark

Arthurark Well-Known Member

Biggest impact is buyers just don’t have the same borrowing capacities they had last year/6 months ago/1 month ago.

And buyers will have even less borrowing capacity next month. And again in August…

gman65 likes this.
  19. southern-investor

southern-investor Well-Known Member

Auction clearance for Brisbane Domain reporting at 68%. HUGE increase from the last 2 weekends and the highest its been in since the first 0.25% rise. Its even higher than the same time last year when we were pumping full steam ahead.

What is causing the increase? Ppl starting to realise that rents are soaring and even if the RBA rise another 0.5% its still going to be at super low rates?

MWI and standtall like this.
  20. WandP

WandP Member

In Brisbane from what i understand by speaking to an agent i know, the buyers are still there. They might be able to borrow slightly less, but there's still high interest.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.