QLD Brisbane/Ipswich markets,are they poised to move?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by markgordon, 14th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

We deal with a lot of interstate investors and it's very important to understand that most of South East Queensland moves to a different beat than Sydney and Melbourne. There are some areas that area seeing unreal growth, but as a general rule we're 'slow and steady'.

Brandon, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a HUGE fan of Newtown, having personally lived there for a few years as well. Sure there isn't much tangible growth in those "Classic Ipswich" locations, but Newtown is top quality. It would be my pick for a long term Ipswich investment for sure.

Larry (and Mark), Redbank Plains and surrounds were supposed to benefit from the Springfield boom. I haven't really seen any evidence of it yet but it should logically happen. The other area set to go wild is the Ripley region. If you read the Queensland draft plan and associated documents, the government is intending for Ripley to go wild... I guess the catch is when, because it's been slower than anyone expected so far.

2. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

It's a dangerous thing expectations

I see a lot of people on here and in real life. Who bought luckily at the right time.
    Especially in Melbourne or Sydney
    Done super well.
    And now think they're gun property investors

Now they're looking for their next investment or have just done it and are expecting and complaining that their new investment hasn't gone up 100k per year.

Frankly if my ips all get average 10 yr growth. I'm happy as larry

Seal, Kevvy7 and Northboy like this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia