QLD Brisbane IP ~$500 -550k

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by SoroSoro, 16th Feb, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

I'm actually with him on the chermside thing, those high rises are terrible. There is also a lot of townhouses going up around everton hills? Not sure about everton park. The new park lane area should be great though, however not a suburb I would want to commute from.

Keperra has great potential geographically but socioeconomic is noticeably lower than neighbouring areas. Arana Hills, Ferny Hills, Ferny Grove, I don't think you can go too wrong with any.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

3. RaoulDuke66

RaoulDuke66 Well-Known Member

Murarrie, Cannon Hill, Manly, Carina Heights (if you're lucky). Definitely better than Chermside. Seriously.

4. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

I would diversify and not buy in the Brisbane market. $550 isnt really enough to purchase a high performing property in the Brisbane ring. I am from Melb, but for last 18 months living in Seven Hills - the ring... Buy a blonde brick 70's 2br unit/flat in Melb for that price. Thank me in a couple of years!

5. RaoulDuke66

Yes, in 2 years time it may well be worth what you paid for it.

MikeyBallarat and HUGH72 like this.
  6. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Good Suburbs , not a big fan of Murarrie though. I also think I would need to increase the budget ($600k+) to buy a house in those suburbs with a few exceptions.

7. SoroSoro

SoroSoro Well-Known Member

Working with a mortgage broker and sounds like I can move my upper limit a bit to low 600s - maybe mid 600s - will get confirmation soon. I'm looking at either buying a PPOR townhouse in Annerley (probably in the 500s) or an IP wherever makes sense in Brissy.

8. RaoulDuke66

Yes, I agree Murarrie is on the bubble. But it's great for the train into the city. It also has the Brewdog development coming in. I have a colleague who thinks it's the next Bulimba. No chance. But it borders Balmoral. I agree 600k but one could still snag a deal at 550k. Just a whole lot better than Chermside, which is the point I was originally responding to.

9. RaoulDuke66

My own view is that free standing houses will become like hen's teeth. In ten years time, if you own a free standing house in a wide tree lined street in an established suburb, people will deem you to be rich. Town houses in Brisbane are ten a penny. Nothing at all wrong with buying one to live in if that's your budget, but I would push to buy free standing and then add value over the coming years. It'll also sell well in any market. I also lived through the property crash in the UK and I know which parts of the market get whacked.

Angel likes this.
  10. SoroSoro

I prefer the land as well, as that's the appreciating asset. It's looking like houses in the area I'd want to live in are beyond my budget right now, so I'd either have to take a house on a smaller lot (300-400sqm) or a townhouse. Next option is to rent where I want to live and buy another IP (have one in Melb).

11. kcbworth

kcbworth Well-Known Member

12. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

With a bit of elbow grease
    69 Goodwin Terrace, Moorooka, Qld 4105

13. SoroSoro

So many styles and colours all in one house! I've been avoiding auctions in Brisbane as I have no idea what the rules are and how they've been going.

14. RaoulDuke66

Because it backs directly onto a massive main road, which will forever limit its value.

15. RaoulDuke66

Elbow grease? You're kidding. Needs torn down but is unfortunately heritage listed, and so the lucky new owner will need to spend 200k doing it up.

16. kcbworth

kcbworth Well-Known Member

Good observation (although saying it's a massive main road is a bit of an exaggeration given it's only 2 lane and 60 and not much traffic - more of a country road)

17. RaoulDuke66

Yes it was a Google maps observation, although the price says maybe it gets rather busy.