Brisbane Investment - $650k - which suburbs?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by novice88, 14th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. novice88

novice88 Member

Hello all, I am new to this forum, been reading a few posts and immensely grateful for learning so many things from the members here. Am Sydney based and considering a purchase for investment in Brisbane, with a budget of $650k for capital growth & long term hold. Looking at Keperra, Chermside West. Was also looking at Mt Gravatt area (for smaller block) though this appears to be above my budget.
    Just wanted to know others' thoughts about these suburbs and any other recommended areas. I will be in Brisbane over the weekend to have a look at some areas. Also in 2 minds about whether I purchase on my own or engage a buyers agent. How have others done it when interstate?

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Rochedale South is worth checking out.

Murrarie might also be worth a look.

If you can stretch to 700 there might be something in postcode 4152 (Carina Heights?)

Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Yes, Chermside West or Stafford, Stafford heights are still better valued compared to the other side of Gympie Rd, Wavell Heights etc.

Keppera or further a bit, Ariana Hills, Ferny Grove and Ferny Hills are great OO suburbs too. Good value

For South, Bogan knows better :D

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Aw shucks. In all honesty i think about property in the 3s and 4s.

650K? I am an upper middle bogan, can count to 5 reasonably well ..... maybe someone more credentialed can also post :)

novice88 and Mulianto like this.
  5. Codie

Codie Well-Known Member

Prices are moving quickly but the ones @Mulianto mentioned would be my pick as well. I would have said Everton but your buying a terrible property here now its now $700+

Arana Hills is a great spot, Very high OO % and good stock. The houses are solid on big blocks.

Sackie, novice88 and Mulianto like this.
  6. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

Yes that market is moving fast now. $650k only gets you free standing house on main roads now.
    You would need $700k for quiet and less busy street. Those are bottom rung fixer upper house now.
    Better get a move on as every week, the on the ground queue is getting long.
    Stafford, Stafford Heights, Everton Park have been mentioned on investment publications since February and March for under $750k.

7. ndpjai

ndpjai Well-Known Member

Add Mitchelton, Everton Park, Everton Hills to Mulianto list, good luck

8. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

What about Runcorn, Sunnybank and Sunnybank Hills or have they run out of puff already?

9. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

novice88 likes this.
  10. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

Run out of puff? We are just starting. Its April 15th. Boom has only been going for 4 months!!!!! Its heating up more and more each week. RBA just released new forecast 25%+ growth now. I think they are being conservative with that figure it will be well north of 30%.

I'm hoping for this exponential run to last the entire of 2021 and well into 2022. Plenty plenty of growth left especially Brisbane which the growth there will outpace and outlive both Sydney and Melb long term.

Rich2011 likes this.
  11. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

When was the report from RBA release? Any link to the article?

12. thunderstrike888

‘RBA house price model’ predicts 25pc rise by 2023

I think that's a very conservative number. We most likely hit 20%+ across all majors in 2021 alone. I reckon we are almost there soon. Just the stats wont show it until later in the year.

13. novice88

novice88 Member

Thank you so much everyone. I do agree $650k will not get me much after talking to some agents re the current stock. Have just arrived in Brisbane and planning to do a few inspections in the Arana Hills and Ferny Hills area tomorrow. Will see how crazy it is and report back. Might have to adjust the budget a bit. Does anyone think its worthwhile engaging a buyers agent for this?

14. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

Runcorn has always been my favourite "cheap" suburb.

boganfromlogan likes this.
  15. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Welcome ☺️

I don't think it's absolutely necessary but it will probably speed up the process, not much that's hidden, once you're on mailing lists for the local area.

16. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

You can always buy in another suburb
    Everything is pointing to this being a city wide boom - moreton, redlands, logan included and maybe even ipswich!
    the bias on thus forum fpr only brisbane city council suburbs is about to become very quickly outdated

17. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Ferny and Arana are Moreton Bay, albeit closer to the CBD than a fair few BCC suburbs.

18. thunderstrike888

You got that right. Everywhere is booming!!! Even Ipswich seems pretty damn hot right now.

19. BradM

BradM Well-Known Member Premium Member

I like your picks! I have a house in Keperra and Mount Gravatt east and always high interest when renting them out. Both been tenanted through last year and this year but the way everything is renting so quickly at the moment I think they're both great.

luckyone and orangestreet like this.
  20. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

They don't 'feel' like Moreton Bay suburbs though. In any case, with the way the markets moving I think it will be very difficult to get something in those two or Keperra. For 650k you can get Bald Hills, Bracken Ridge (the nicer pockets), further out in Redcliffe Peninsula and or something very nice in Rochedale South.