QLD Brisbane - inner/middle vs further out

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by propertyinvestor2021, 19th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. heartsproperty

heartsproperty Well-Known Member

It's still a long way from the best part of Brisbane, but I would suggest real crime rates in Zillmere to be no different to Nundah now.

Zillmere has a huge proportion of young families, since it used to be the only suburb they could afford, now they can't even afford that.

2. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

I'll jump in here and say that past performance in an area is no guarantee of future performance. To select a location for an investment there are various considerations that need to be given.
    The balance between growth and yield is the primary consideration to determine the right investment strategy as well as exit options and timeframes for you as an individual investor. Your appetite for property improvement works should also be factored in (as well as your capacity to fund such improvements if required).
    Then budget is also a key consideration of course.
    Once consideration is given to these factors, then location selection becomes the next step. It is important to consider what areas will be like 20 years from now (or 30 if that is your investment timeframe) and not just what areas are like today. Future development (especially infill and high density development) can impact on the performance of an asset. Capital growth is driven by the balance between supply and demand so when supply has the ability to increase (infill development or new land estates) then capital growth could be dampened.
    Also Demand side drivers should also be considered. What makes people WANT to live in a particular location? Understanding this from a local's perspective is often very important.
    There is no single answer to where of what to buy with a specific budget - it comes down to personal circumstances, goals and timeframes.

Patrick Bateman likes this.
  3. Nathan Prasad

Nathan Prasad Well-Known Member Business Member

Hi,

With an $850k budget, that doesn't get you much around 10km of the Brisbane CBD.
    With our company, we deal a lot with both local families and investors and I am finding our local clients 80% of them are wanting bigger houses and are compromising with the location.
    Now suburbs like Shailer Park and Daisy Hill are looking really attractive. You are getting over 800m2 and 4 bed 2 baths for around the $800k mark. I think that could be a good spot for investments because I believe they have not seen their peak, you also have suburbs like Birkdale seeing tremendous growth due to Wynnum and Manly prices increase. Now with my experience, I am now so more inclined to go where people will be going next. Long story short they compromise with location but take their same max budget to bid in multiple offer situations which drive capital growth. Please be mindful, those areas are great now but may change within the next few weeks.

The key to this market is anticipating the local buyers move. Just get very curious on the local buyers and study them.