QLD Brisbane inner city good and bad suburbs for growth?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Alex123711, 16th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply, so you are saying those areas are likely will remain low density and therefore less supply/ potential higher demand?

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why people would want to live in these suburbs as opposed to inner ring, the prices don't seem that much different for a long commute vs. basically living in the city? But I guess that may just come down to personal preference?

2. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

Because families in particular don't want to live down streets with lots of units with renters in.

Houses in these lower density character areas are only likely to rise in demand.

Look at Kalinga area in Clayfield/Wooloowin. Can be in the city in no time by train (eagle junction) and plenty of cafes etc in the area too. Great looking character area.

Angel, Whitecat and QldKoolies like this.
  3. QldKoolies

QldKoolies Well-Known Member

Yep, just saying that those areas highlighted will continue to get higher prices then owner occupier areas further from the city for comparable dwellings. Because they will remain low density and protected by the City from apartments Areas around them and on the arterial transport routes will be medium/high density = no street parking, loud and busy areas

4. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

What are the general thoughts on Morningside?

5. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I had a property in Tennyson - bought and sold between the 2 big floods of 74 and 11 luckily and made some money. Most houses in Tennyson had water over the roofline.

6. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Lotta stuff on here - just type Morningside in the search box

7. AJ061

AJ061 Well-Known Member

any thoughts on carindale vs morningside under 700? Like to keep it to 650k.

Last edited: 22nd Jul, 2019
  8. RaoulDuke66

RaoulDuke66 Well-Known Member

You'll get a house for your price range in either. You should get more for your money in Carindale as it's a little further out and the public transport isn't great. I would probably buy in Morningside (but if I had a million to spend on a PPR I would spend it in Carindale). Morningside is close to Bulimba and has good buses and a train into the CBD. Lots of people who can't afford Bulimba and Hawthorne end up in Morningside, which is no doubt a great sign.

9. ChrisP73

ChrisP73 Well-Known Member

Morningside = aspirational. Lots of post war house which can be removed. Some crumby stuff but some amazing stuff. Worth watching and definately needs detailed research.

10. AJ061

AJ061 Well-Known Member

Buying in morningside is probably a bit harder than carindale in the price range im chasing. Can get a brick house in carindale where in morningside would be queenslander probably with a bit of reno required.

11. AJ061

AJ061 Well-Known Member

"MorniMornin= aspirational" you mean 700k won't get me much in morningside?