QLD Brisbane house prices set to fall 8%?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Vin, 13th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Every day it's different.
    This one says everywhere except Brisbane will fall:
    http://www.theadviser.com.au/breaki...ices-forecast-to-fall-in-seven-capital-cities
    One day an article comes out with an expert saying our market is 30% overvalued. Next day another one saying now only 12%:
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...ow-12-overvalued/story-e6frfkur-1227440321518

bobbyj likes this.
  2. R377

R377 Well-Known Member

I found an magazine article written three years ago by "property and economic experts"

June 2012 to June 2015 predictions total growth.
    Sydney 17% over 3yrs (they had 17%pa virtually each yr)
    Perth 17%
    Brisbane 12%
    Adelaide 6%
    Melbourne 1%

You would prob have more chance of predicting lotto numbers than predicting each states property prices....

RetireRich101 likes this.
  3. Davothegreat

Davothegreat Well-Known Member

Hey Sash, had the vendor actually signed the contract prior to the Saturday open? Seems strange to me that an open would still be held if the contracts had already exchanged? That'd make me suspicious that the vendor hadn't signed and would have the agent say it's sold to try and milk in higher offers from other buyers... or am I missing something?

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

It had a trustee involved...

5. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

That's how agents in QLD do things. They hold opens and even take back up contracts.

6. gnome

gnome Member

mainstream media. meh

7. Tifoso

Tifoso Well-Known Member

Hahahah I was going to add this to a response but you beat me to it.

Oh Kent, I'd be lying if I said my men weren't committing crimes.

8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Got out-offered on a house < 10km from the CBD today.

I felt my offer was pretty strong but with two dozen groups thought and being in a nice precinct of the suburb, there was clearly some strong interest. Agent said the offer that came over the top of my final was considerably over.

Hot hot hot.

9. Gibson

Gibson Well-Known Member

10. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

My friend just bought one in Canberra, they had another open house the following weekend, the agent told all attendees it was already sold. I find it odd, but I guess if they've already got it booked, and the sale falls through they don't have to start again.

11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's too bad, but stick with it. You're obviously doing the right research, make sure you don't get drawn into a bidding war and pay more than your maximum bid.

12. Steven Ryan

I'm not fussed. Plenty of excellent properties coming on the market every week.

Only a matter of time :)

Gockie likes this.
  13. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Yep exactly. For those looking in Brisbane, please still keep in mind the fundamentals when assessing a property. Things are tightening up but there's still plenty of time to get in and you still need to buy the right property.

Toon likes this.
  14. Steven Ryan

Indeed. Panic/emotional buying is not in my repertoire.

KDP likes this.
  15. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That's the ticket. When are you back up there?

16. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

I'm flying up to chat with some property agents and some open inspections on 15th August Saturday.
    Happy to meet up if anyone is keen.

17. mcarthur

mcarthur Well-Known Member

Having just bought one in Brisbane, there's a reason why agents there take backup. In Canberra, there's (usually) no contract until it's unconditional. There's usually no issue with B&P since the vendor provides it (and gets reimbursed on sale), and I've not had a contract signed until finance was sorted either; before then it's an unwritten discussion between the vendor, agent and solicitors. So no finance or B&P to worry about, so actual contract = unconditional. Until then, to the agent it's "sold" rather than sold...

OTOH, in Brisbane at the moment the Saturday viewing's not over and there's 5 signed contracts given to the agent, all subject to finance, B&P, and the weather (well, a lovely "due diligence" for my last :) ).Vendor picks one and then there is the 14 day (or other) wait on conditions. For my last, I wasn't picked first, but three weeks later got the call that the picked one had fallen through and would I like a turn based on my contract (slightly amended).

Gockie likes this.
  18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I'd be a bit careful with 'due diligence' clause - I nearly lost a place on this alone. Not sure this clause works in a heating/hot market. Too wide open for them. (B&P will do anyway).

19. Steven Ryan

Saturday.

And the next.

And the next.

As above, I'll be in town. If you have time in the afternoon lets meet up. There was a handful of us on the weekend. Nice mini-meet-up. Would be nice to do it again.

20. Phantom_X

Phantom_X Member

There is an article almost daily on SMH along these lines. It's not inconceivable that this could happen, but quite unlikely in my opinion.

Trust your own research and due diligence. Do you really want to always be following the herd of SMH pessimists? I'm sure there will be another article this week complaining that no one can afford to live in Sydney either.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia