QLD Brisbane H&L package suggestions

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by hpresident, 17th Jul, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I haven't ever looked into it but I'm shocked you can build such a nice house with so little. That's pretty cool!

2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

don't be too engaged with the stock photos. It looks medium finish to me...it's not even full bricked. But medium finish is what I will do for the suburb.

3. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Suprising there is no photos of the bathrooms. As retirerich said pretty basic finishes. Few extras that you can see from photos include the ducted air con, tiled patio and outdoor ceiling fan. But no photos of bathrooms, so probably pretty basic. Between $1100-$1300+ gst per Sqm2. I was finding these specie homes last year some you could still get from $900m2.

For a new build though it is cheap for the area. The old 3 bed qldrs go around that price on slightly bigger block (600m2ish). Runcorn is so sought after. Friend of mine recently got his 3/1/1 valued and came back at $575k.

RetireRich101 likes this.
  4. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

me thinks there will be people taking up H&L in SE QLD in the upswing whenever this might be...

most people still believes development cost is expensive.... true when you're trying to reconfigure additional lot/dwelling that will incur the infra fee

when doing the H&L, the infra on the L is already paid for by the seller/developer, so this cost is not included in your feasibility costing.

5. Tanya1335

Tanya1335 Well-Known Member

6. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I know it well. This isn't even close to any flood areas:)

7. hpresident

hpresident Well-Known Member

What would be a good price point for a H&L package? I am targeting possibly high yield low end, cheapest I have seen around so far is around the 460k mark, for 3/2/1 on 320ish sqm land in pallara. Would this be good ?

8. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

Seems a bit much for a 3/2/1. Friend of mine just built in drewvale on 350m2 4/2/2 for $430k with hallmark homes. I would chose drewvale of pallara any day.

9. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Just buy established. Its the same price in Brisbane and you get a better location and a bigger block
    Sorry but the plan makes no sense

In melbourne its different because the better alternative of established on a 600sqm block is a million bucks
    In brisbane these are only 4-500k.

10. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Only two suburbs in Brisbane where buying h&l makes sense. Newport and Upper Kedron. I've got one in Newport and it's done very well so far in a year and I haven't even settled on it yet

hpresident likes this.
  11. Wagyu brisket

Wagyu brisket Member

Agree with strongy and ej.
    But for that 'region' its all about chasing the speculative asian $$. Hence the somewhat regular ridiculous prices.
    Eg: GW down south and distance to cbd.

12. hpresident

hpresident Well-Known Member

I looked into Newport last yr, quite like it but didn't pull the trigger. Upper Kedron is something I haven't looked into yet.