QLD Brisbane First Home Buyer - Moreton Bay Area

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Hartefact, 9th Nov, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hartefact

Hartefact New Member

Good Afternoon All,
    I am a first home buyer (So <400k), looking to purchase in the Moreton Bay Area. I'm mostly looking at houses within the Kallangur area as I work in Chermside and the drive isn't too bad. I find myself hugely overwhelmed with this whole process, and it feels like properties move pretty quickly at the moment (at least from how many I inspect that are soon on offer).

I see recommendations for brokers around, and many people are recommending Moreton but is this a good part of logan to purchase in? Or should I be looking further north?

Also for an owner occupied property am I better off going it by myself? Are there any recommended reads for offering etc? I am decidedly new to all of this so I apologise if this isn't really the right place to post.

Cheers!

JAW likes this.
  2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Do you know where Kallangur and Moreton Bay are?

Have you driven from Kallangur to Chermside yet, at the same times that you would need to get to and from work?

3. JAW

JAW Well-Known Member

What time of day would you be commuting to work? Morning peak hour from Kallangur to Chermside might be around the 45-60min mark via the motorway/Gympie road.

Very different outside of peak hour, probably 15-20 mins.

4. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Where are you living now? Logan or Moreton?

5. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

Two different areas if you're referring to Moreton Bay. Both Logan and Moreton Bay have their benefits but if you're a FHB then you should also be looking at what suits you personally as the buying criteria will be very different.

- Andrew