Brisbane external painter recommendation

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by SuperOlaf, 18th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. SuperOlaf

SuperOlaf Well-Known Member

Dear PC members,
    Seeking your help in finding a good painter for full external painting of a Queenslander in the inner Northern suburbs of Brisbane. I nearly fell off my chair after receiving a quote for just shy of $30k! :eek:

The cost of trades must be increasing in line with the Brisbane property prices:).

Any help would be appreciated (happy to reach out via direct message if that is preferred).
    Thank you.

2. Antoni0

Antoni0 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what it's like here with any building trade. Maybe you could try a couple of handypersons or find a retired painter if you're lucky enough. I really don't see the viability of owning rentals anymore, everything is just going up out of control, not just labour charges either. I try to do all the minor maintenance myself and can barely make a decent income from rentals.

SuperOlaf likes this.
  3. Handyandy

Handyandy Well-Known Member

SuperOlaf likes this.
  4. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

Any recommendation for painting - exterior and interior? After 6 years of tenancy and “wear and tear”, we have to pain the interior. The house is weatherboard so we thought we’d do exterior to maintain it well. Any recommendations please? @wylie @Angel @iloveqld @Patrick Bateman
    @Gen-Y @others?

5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, I'd love to help but our painter has hung up his brush. It is making me feel old when our trusted tradies are retiring. o_O

6. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I just remembered something...

This is from last month. I've not called, and have no idea of their work but this FB post is from the painter himself. I kept this for future reference.

Image 6-7-2023 at 5.29 pm.jpeg

samiam likes this.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.