Brisbane development

Discussion in 'Development' started by Logan, 15th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Anyone developing in north Brisbane at the moment ?

Small sites seem to be snapping up quickly from my recent experience.

I had been chasing a site under 1000sqm and finally got through to the agent 4 business days after it went online. Missed the boat and was informed there were 89 calls, 10 offers with signed contracts and the site is currently under contract.

The site was good so I can appreciate the interest, just wondering if anyone else is having similar experiences ? Is anyone using a BA to find sites ?

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Are you looking for sites that have approvals or DA's or will you hold whilst you get all that organised.

3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

4 days after? Most decent sites won't hit the internet.

4. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

You need to ascertain what you can do with the 1000m2 block. A 600m2 block in BCC or LCC council in a LMR zoning you can put 4 small unit on it. You can not in MBRC council.

5. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Or 7...

6. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

In the new Urban Neighbourhood or Next Gen Neighbourhood precincts in MBRC you can.
    800m2 and 20m frontage and you don't even need a town planner for 6 units.

https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/u...cheme-doc/MBRC-Planning-Scheme-Part-6.2.6.pdf

willair, norwoodman and Logan like this.
  7. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Fresh site is preferred, I can deal with the DA myself as it would allow multiple options. The site was BCC.

8. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

If that is a inner 5klm from the cbd on 1000sqm which could already be split on the title then that would be the numbers of calls one would get..

But from the other angle iv'e been to a few auctions on development sites like that,the final bid was 1mill380k one even above 1000sqm and both of those are still on the market one for 1-8 mill,plus there are development companies that target large inner properties,so a lot would not even get into the real estate sales ..

9. RetireRich101

The 800m2 20m frontage are rare as hens teeth anywhere in SE QLD. Looking for this requirement and UN or NG zoned is just like looking for MH370.

600m2 are pretty common in MBRC, so basically small developers need to buy min 2 blocks.

There are few in Caboolture but not feasible develop in cheaper area. And some in Redcliffe that are already priced in

Sackie likes this.
  10. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Have a contract on next gen neighbourhood 789m2 18.1m2 frontage. Spoke to council said no issue with duplex?

Would be very grateful for your thoughts @RPI

Thank you
    Heinz

11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Is there a "rule of thumb" for what a builder or developer will pay "per box" for DA approved lots?

We will more than likely do our build, but not for at least a year, but we did have an agent tell us we could get between $200k and $250k per box with the DA. I have a developer friend who thought that was high, so I guess it could be the agent trying to keep us on board if we ever decide to sell.

12. RPI

It would be code as frontage less than 25m but as long as other overlays than should be ok. But then 6 units should also be code on that block so dual occ seems like under development.

Heinz57 likes this.
  13. RPI

Don't keep an eye on MBRC market.

But BCC has a lot left of 20m frontage 800m2. Rarer then a decade ago but still see a lot. We do heaps of these 1 into 2 subs in the planning practice.

14. RetireRich101

Get it in writing. MBRC employs very Junior staff to take your call and often gets it wrong.
    The requirement for duplex is 800m2 with 25m frontage. I don't know what MBRC is thinking with a 25m requirement for a duplex.

15. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

The site I was looking at had a value under 600K. I have found a few other sites and they are in the 500-650K. The area is in the 12-17km radius from the CBD. The same agent called me today with a site on 650sqm for 500k+.

16. Pier1

Pier1 Well-Known Member

Apologies for butting in....
    Quick question for the BCC experts here, I am mostly conversant with MBRC Town Plan ;)
    Looking at a block of land BCC LGA, not unusual shape (@square), but out of the ordinary for 10x40 400m2 diehards.
    Building on the block doesn't concern me but to cover off my DD how much time should I allow for confirming BCC setback relaxations if any are typically allowed, 30days DD?
    It is in the Enoggera District Neighbourhood Plan.
    Biggest issue I have is the 6M rear set back.