Brisbane CBD Apartments... Long-term

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Kurt, 29th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'm not good at being patient....oh well..:)

What are your thoughts on the higher end free standing home markets 5km from the CBD..?

2. Coxy89

Coxy89 Well-Known Member

I don't have much other info other than what I can see on real estate or domain but it seems that there are awesome sales being achieved on new stock close to the CBD.

There is a good mix affordability wise in that you can find a 3 bed house on 400m2 within that 5k ring for 650-800k depending on area and condition. In the same areas a new build on similar blocks will go in the 1.2-1.5m bracket which seems crazy for Brissy but there are people paying the money.

Also considering if you go out to the new estates in Rochedale they are selling 400-500m2 blocks with new houses in the 1.2-1.5m bracket, this I cannot understand but they exist so there must be a market I guess, the value in the inner ring seems pretty good by comparison.

I think there is a market for new builds that is currently under supplied as there aren't that many big developers doing small infill development in the city fringes. All the subdivisions and new builds are being done by Mum n Dad investors and smaller builder/developers. This will likely continue to be under supplied moving forward as well as there is only so much land available that suits the criteria. Our plan for the next 5 years is to move into some Subdivide/Reno/Build projects to try and speed up the portfolio growth.

Sackie likes this.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Would not touch them.

There has been a MASSIVE oversupply of apartment in FV, Newstead etc and most lenders have blacklisted them. You will also see a number of developments that have been canned.

ST they are stuffed and those who have purchased and settled will take years to get their money back to purchase price and alot of the OTP apartments are going no where.

Many buy with Rental guarantee, but they better read the agreement carefully. Income is poor and rental demand is poor in my opinion.

In summary, poor short term and no better in long term until the price adjustment takes effect.

Cheers Ivan

4. magyar

magyar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy otp but an existing one in a good suburb if the price is right. Two bedrooms are popping up all over the place in the 400's.

I hear on the radio everyday some apartments in fortitude valley are offering 8 weeks half price rent and $2000 gift cards. That can't be to good for the land lords.

5. Sheldrick

Sheldrick Well-Known Member

What are your thoughts on the higher end free standing home markets 5km from the CBD..?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in people's thoughts about this. Been keeping an eye out in the Toowong/Red Hill area recently. Red Hill - 405 square houses.

Tom Rivera likes this.