QLD BRISBANE Buyers Agent

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by M-THIS, 13th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Andrew Allen is supposed to be very good, but from what I have heard his waiting list is 6+ months and communicating to even get on the wait list is difficult.

From what I have heard @JacM is a good BA in the Brisbane area and gets praise from SS and PC members

2. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Hi MBO

Course no problems at all in having general chat about property. It is a favourite topic of both myself and Jacqui so always up for a yarn.

I am actually in the UK at the moment (mixing business with pleasure) so feel free to give Jacqui a call in the office on 07 3463 0834. Course i am still around on email and mobile.

Yes there 10 Rebaa BA in Qld but also over 9400 Licensed Agents who can legally act for you of which we are one of them.

I am a great believer in using someone with runs on the board in both their business and personal investing.
    We are not big in telling people how many deals we have done for everyone else but personally we have never had a enough money to buy an IP or 3 ourselves and only do what we do for the money.

Luckily Jacqui and I have made our income from other avenues of business and are able to operate the Company without the need to gauge potential investors at every hurdle. Happy to shoot you a copy of our respective API interviews.

Look forward to chatting.

3. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

9400 licensed agents, the overwhelming majority of whom are selling agents, of course, Richard :). Why anyone would pay a selling agent to act as their BA (or perhaps the buyer isn't paying them per se but instead they're taking a commission from the selling agent from whom they're "helping" to buy from :rolleyes: - hardly independent...) doesn't make sense, when there are agencies dedicated to solely helping buyers. Muddying the waters by taking fees from both buyers and sellers just gets tricky and conflicted. Let the selling agents stick to selling and the BAs to buying. Not all would agree, but that's just my opinion :D

Interestingly, in my recent 3yr stint as REBAA President, our last national round-up count of Australian exclusive independent buyers agents (those who don't directly sell/list property and charge the buyer a fee for a purchasing service rather than sharing a commission with a sales agent) only numbered approx 150, so it's still relatively a fledgling industry. REBAA has over 1/3 of these as members, which provides you with an idea of numbers- most of these are naturally in NSW, being our most populated state. Members must be appropriately and legally accredited/licensed for the state they're applying for, checked, referenced, insured and adhere to the REBAA Code of Conduct. Not all BAs qualify here so it's a safety net for consumers and a valuable starting point for those looking for independent and experienced buyers agents.
    Why not join, Richard? It certainly sounds like you and your BA Jacqui have some valuable experience you could add to the association.

4. Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor Well-Known Member

Yes Jacqui it is interesting that wikipedia describes a Real Estate agent as a person who acts as an intermediary between sellers and buyers of property and attempts to find sellers who wish to sell and buyers who wish to buy.

Yes I will certainly contact REBAA and look at bolstering their Qld numbers.

Bryan Loughnan and Jacque like this.
  5. Indi

Indi Member

Hi there, I am currently looking to buy my first home which will be an investment property. I am currently living in the UK so am looking into a buyers agent. I would be keen to hear how you got on with this purchase. Which BA did you end up going with? Where did you buy in Brisbane?