QLD Brisbane and outskirts (~25km)

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sean Reynolds, 26th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sean Reynolds

Sean Reynolds Member

Hi all,

Hoping to get some ideas of potential suburbs before I start drilling into more detail on infrastructure plans, population growth, transport options etc.

I'm looking at spending a maximum of around $450k to get a property with a gross yield around 4.5% and promising capital growth. Ideally I'd like to stay within 25km radius of Brisbane CBD (north or south). Looking at a 3 or 4 bedroom house.

Suburbs I've started looking into already:

- Daisy Hill, Springwood, Shailer Park
    - Keperra (probably priced out of here now)
    - Banyo
    - Boondall

Any other suggestions or comments on these areas would be much appreciated :)

2. R377

R377 Well-Known Member

Bracken ridge.

Keperra, Arana Hills, Aspley, Everton Hills is hard to get something under $500k, it can still be done though....

3. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I still like the Redcliffe Peninsula area because of the new train line that's about to go in.

Otherwise I love the Redland city shire area, (disclaimer, I have an IP there), but if you want something with transport with that price you'd find it hard to buy a house. But not impossible.

Otherwise go the good old Logan city council area..... yes, its not too close to central Brisbane, but plenty has been written about it on this forum.

4. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Redland shire?

5. pugstar205

pugstar205 Well-Known Member

I live in Banyo. You'll struggle at $450k. You'll get something but it won't be pretty or investor grade. Renovator specials start at $450k these days. Anything on a splitter block $550k+.
    Boondall is worth a look, but you need to pick your spot really carefully as it's split down the middle by Sandgate Road (6 lane highway). Def do your research carefully if you buy in Boondall.

6. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Apologies. Redland city council. :) to the south East of Brisbane. (In Sydney we have some Shires.....)

And also Redcliffe Peninisula, which is to the far north.

7. Whishy

Whishy Well-Known Member

Kallangur / Murrumba Downs / Deception Bay / Northlakes.

Massive infrastructure North of Brisbane including, Moreton Bay Rail (2016), Gateway Upgrade North (2018), Ikea/Costco at Northlakes etc.

University at Petrie to be finalised.

Cheers

diverbryson and qonyx_sydney like this.
  8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Have clients who have picked up stuff in/around Daisy Hill, Springwood, Shailer Park and got some good numbers. Well worth investigating!

Biz likes this.
  9. BarneyRubble

BarneyRubble Well-Known Member

Sandgate Road is 6 lanes for just over 2km through Virginia and less than 1.5km through Toombul. Not exactly a highway, but your point about it splitting Boondall is relevant.

It is tough to get anything detached in Brisbane City Council on the northside for less than $450k. If you cross the Pine River there are options but you are no longer in Brisbane...

10. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

You say potato I say Vodka.

Still undervalued and worth a look

11. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Keep an eye on it, get friendly with some agents.
    If you let them know you're serious, they might contact you if another sale falls through due to finance.

12. Jacob Field

Jacob Field Well-Known Member

Lots of interest at the moment and great fundamentals as mentioned above in Moreton Bay.

Particularly 3/4 Houses in Morayfield, Deception Bay, Bray Park and for bonus points Burpengary. New Rail is key growth driver at a LGA level - sometimes the actual stop locations have already priced in the improved amenity from this rail so look one suburb out from the rail (still pretty close).

Some suburbs (particularly Morayfield) are vast and home to a very broad mix of property (small units through to large acreage's) and residents - need to think in terms of suburbs within suburbs.

13. meme plecko

meme plecko Well-Known Member

Would Bellmere be in the same category or is it too far and too much land to develop there to expect any CG over the next 5 years?

14. Jacob Field

Jacob Field Well-Known Member

Hi M.P.,

Talking with local developers and buyers agents as part of BAU - focus of land release and development is (in Moreton Bay) and potentially will be in the other direction - in the triangle between the Airport, Burpengary and Beachmere). This is in the next 5-10 years. My only point is that this is the direction more likely to be effected by land releases etc.

Bellmere is another of these suburbs that extend from higher density into larger blocks - but for similiar reasons vs Morayfield there are some nice pockets of demand in the east - focused around River Drive that give reasonable access to rail and the shopping of Morayfield.

15. twistedstats

twistedstats Well-Known Member

Pardon my newbie question but what are the steps to realize the value on a splitter block say in Nth Brisbane?

16. seanbrissy

seanbrissy Well-Known Member

All decent suburbs, some other suggestions;

• Rocklea
    • Acacia Ridge
    • Tingalpa
    • Oxley
    • Zillmere
    • Algester
    • Anything Logan

17. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

But be sure to do your research for any suburb, if it's had a lot of recent growth you will need to decide how much there is likely to be in the short to medium term.

qonyx_sydney likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia