QLD Brisbane - advice required

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by alex_golovan, 7th Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alex_golovan

alex_golovan Member

@Jamesaurus FHOG is only for new properties, you need to check that. Also you filled out the quick checklist - it does not cover all situations. Fill out the full checklist - the link will be provided under the results.

I repeat again - if you go to Applying for a first home owner grant | Homes and housing | Queensland Government you will see this:

If you have owned an interest in residential property since 1 July 2000 that has been solely used for investment purposes, you may be eligible for the grant on a subsequent property.

MyPropertyPro likes this.
  2. MyPropertyPro

MyPropertyPro REBAA Buyer's Agents Sutherland Shire & Surrounds Business Member

I only think there are more concessions if the home is a new build, but the grants vary from state to state anyway and change all the time. Unless rules have changed, I'm fairly certain that owning established property and multiples of them do not preclude it.

This article was from mid-last year and has some fairly good sources/quotes in it but as always, go straight to the source and is call the OSR in your state.

Loophole entitles investors to first-home benefits

Last edited: 9th Feb, 2018
  3. Jamesaurus

Jamesaurus Well-Known Member

For 400k in Brisbane I'd be thinking townhouse in Sunnybank Hills personally. Or house in Northgate or Geebung.

Back to the FHOG- I tried the full test and out at the first question again (attached)- definately for new properties.

However, I did this: Home concession eligibility tester interactive help:
    Home concession eligibility tester interactive help | Business Queensland

and whilst not eligible for a "first" home concession, if purchasing established you are eligible for a "home concession"- will still be 5-10k reduction of stamp duty:

Home concession | Homes and housing | Queensland Government

Application here:
    https://publications.qld.gov.au/dat...e87a2ea3/download/form-d2.1v1318-sept2017.pdf

Attached Files:

4. Cmelderis

Cmelderis Well-Known Member

I wanted to type this last week but was too scared lol

5. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Have you looked into the Sunshine Coast? Bang on your 100km radius and it’s primed for some good growth over the next few years with plenty of big developments and infrastructure happening. Maroochydore CBD has begun, along with the airport expansion going international. The yields are also very attractive with vacancy rates under 1% pushing rents up.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia