QLD Brisbane <350k

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Aaronjod, 9th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KDP

KDP Well-Known Member

Flooding is a major issue in that pocket.

bob shovel likes this.
  2. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

A fellow investor? They sold the Ryde place 10 years ago? They well and truly missed the heck out of the recent Sydney boom. What would that be worth now? If they bought all of them for 50-60k? In my opinion they did worse from selling the Ryde place too early. Ouch. Keperra would be the pick of the bunch now. Massive oops. Not a story I would aspire to.

Last edited by a moderator: 15th Jul, 2015
    Phantom likes this.
  3. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm

In melbourne you can still buy a house within 15ks of the city for 500k
    Sometimes as low as 380 - 400 if you know where the cheap Areas are

Every bayside house in melbourne up to about 25 kms is around the $1 million dollar mark +

Melbournes population is DOUBLE Brisbanes

Your example about the three purchases is ridiculous
    It's three totally different suburbs in three totally different cities / towns

4. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Yeah Rocklea mostly goes under water, anyone looking there would need to know what they are doing and be careful, similar story with Archerfield but more dry land.
    Acacia Ridge although low lying has pockets which are fine but lots of DD required for those three suburbs. Acacia Ridge is highly industrial but isn't that far from the CBD.

5. Aaronjod

Aaronjod Well-Known Member

I whole heartedly agree. They were happy with their property being sold for 5x what they bought it for and sold it for 300k. Not aspiring to it, just learning from other people's journeys.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That is pretty good actually, you can't go back in time.

7. Danieljk101

Danieljk101 Well-Known Member

What is everyones opinion on town houses under 400k? On the south side of Brisbane? Close to cbd as possible, while also being nice place to live.

Thanks again.

8. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Think you'd be struggling to get manly / Wynnum . We bought late 2013 and nothing decent in town houses under 400 . We paid low 4's in good position , though looking , you can get something In west Wynnum that ticks your criteria .
    As in 3 Br , under 350

Cliff

9. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I like them..
    Townhouses will have some, perhaps not much, but some land.
    Need yo make sure it's well located , next to public transport walking distance but not too close to it. This appeals to renters.
    The land and location will give it some zing for CG.

10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Everyone of those areas floods, even Inala, with rocklea anything on the railway towards the rocklea markets flooded,the other side all the low park creek areas went under some several mts above the roofline,but there were several that did not flood along the Moorooka side still in rocklea along and facing the rail line,just be carefull in that area because during the 2011 floods the water was going up one step on the front stairs every8 minutes about the same rate the stubbies were going down..

Azazel and bob shovel like this.
  11. Aaronjod

You raise a good point about Melbourne. I know nothing about Melb, but what your explaining sounds like a good investment. The only other things for me to consider would be yield and depreciation, because at this point in my strategy I'm looking for that.

The example is not ridiculous, because they were all bought within a few years of each other, at a similar price. So in hind-sight, the ones closer to the bigger cities preformed much better. The only thing I don't know was the yield. Therefore you could have done well further out, but even better closer in. This is just my OPINION and this is by no means a hard and fast rule.

12. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Chermside is on fire right now. I think you've missed that boat. Sunnybank is hot too so it'll be a hard proposition. You'll have to go a little further out for that budget or go for a unit instead.

13. Phantom

Phantom Well-Known Member

Agree Azazel. Questionable the motive of a 'fellow investor' selling a Sydney property especially in that part if Sydney unless they had an extremely good reason or maybe weren't really into investing and thought all 3 properties were about the same. Or maybe they needed a lot of money quickly. So the Sydney one had the most equity in it. Maybe business capital or something.
    If it was purely a property investment decision then I can't justify selling in Sydney unless a far more attractive offer came up elsewhere. ....somehow........:confused:

14. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I don't think Chermside is on fire.. Risen yes, and still rising..it's got at 2-3 yrs in this cycle remaining I'd say. Similarly with Sunnybank.

15. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Sunnybank is more aggressively upswinging than Chermside is, right now, IMHO. Both still have great buying opportunities however.

16. strongy1986

There are some great investment potential suburbs in Melbourne. The problem is that the yields are rubbish

You buy a house for 400k and your lucky to get $300 a week rent

You can afford to have one of these types in your portfolio though

Think of it as your deposit maker for your cash flow properties

If done well it could make you a deposit every year or two

17. Hanison

Hanison Well-Known Member

Don't under estimate the Archerfield speedway.

I was working on a job one Saturday recently which turned into Saturday evening.

From 5pm until the time I left at around 8.30pm the entire suburb sounded like a NASA space launch on repeat.

I recorded it on my phone and I replay it to people. I've never heard anything like it.

18. Aaronjod

I've got my deposit maker's in Sydney.

19. strongy1986

Well not sure of your strategy but cashflow would be fairly important now?

20. Aaronjod

Yep - Correct.