Brisbane 2020

Discussion in 'Development' started by Jordan.28, 25th Dec, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Place to see the most development

1. Brisbane

21 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Ipswich

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Gold coast

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. ...Logan

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Jordan.28

Jordan.28 New Member

Basic post. Whats everyones predictions for brisbane, Gold Coast, ipswich and logan etc in terms of development and building. Slow year? Or possibly a bit of a boom...

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

It would be a complicated answer just on one on the list let alone all of them ..

But i do think as we only invest in a small area on the inner southside of brisbane,and backing that up with the land values from the BCC which is maybe less then the vacant land value's by 30 percent then i think possibly not definitely the same will happen again next year as some of those blocks went up 120k over the last 12 months and that is not considered normal..

3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Brisbane as a whole encompassing all dwellings, I have no idea. It's irrelevant imo.

When you start to get specific and ask more important questions such as middle ring, 13km from CBD, OO stock, houses, add value potential. Or land X size in Inner ring etc.

Those are the sorts of things you want to look at which can lead to some interesting conclusions and fantastic buys.

ellejay likes this.
  4. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

Gold Coast will outperform all places in Queensland 2020. Lots of development happening and is support by strong migration from other states. You just need to control property in the right places and that generally means close to the beach between Surfers Paradise and Tugun.

5. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

Could I ask which suburbs do you favour?

6. willair

Inner South-side within 7--9 klm's out from west end or the cbd out too moorooka -rocklea and anything above 800sqm's that is or will-be??future rezoned sky's the limit air-space ..
    But that's only my opinion for the past 35 years investing in that small area,i was looking at the rate's water bills early this morning and looking back to 1990 when the rates were around $120.00 per quarter and land ucv value about the same..2020 land values above 700k rates $700 plus per quarter ,just speaks for itself i guess.
    imho..

7. The lucky duck

The lucky duck Well-Known Member

So holland park Morningside my Gravatt tarringingi?!

8. willair

The first 2 i know very little about only that all the new developments will change the whole area over a short period as in inner Brisbane there is only one way and that's up..
    The 3rd is like west end..
    Tarragindi Resident's Alliance inc.

9. Alex123711

Alex123711 Well-Known Member

Aren't those places a bit far out? wouldn't they develop the closer suburbs around the city first?

10. willair

Yes and no,it comes down too development costs and the land value content and the location ,one only has to look at buranda and the massive high rise developments along Logan Rd ,the development's will just work it's way past Stones Corner ,then as there are several small pockets from stones corner back to buranda that will never be built out unless they buy the entire street,the uvc's on some of those blocks in the gabba are massive maybe not as big as down south but that's not a matter i worry about..
    That's is one of the problems with change as the road from brisbane to the gold coast starting at garden city was only 2 lanes in 1970's ,and watching what's happened then will just keep happening..imho..

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

From what I've been hearing you'd be surprised, as I was. More and more ppl want to live a little away from the city fringes, up to the 10km mark, and buy their new, forever house there.

12. Goldy

Goldy Member

What do you think about a new build in hemmant