Bris: Character residential 2 (infill) - what can I do?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Bran, 28th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I'm researching a property in zoned CR2, with rear street access, about 10m frontage that I'd like to preserve the pre-war house at the front, but split the yard and build new in the back. I seem a little stuck on this point:

b) Provide for low density suburban and inner-city living through the development of 1 or 2 storey dwelling houses comprising predominantly existing houses built in 1946 or before and infill housing that incorporates any housing built in 1946 or before in the development, and reflects and complements the city’s traditional building character of housing built in 1946 or before through compatible form, scale, materials and detailing.

Does this simply mean the existing house must be preserved? Otherwise how can we infill??

Does someone know who I might call to get a quick answer on this sort of stuff?

Last edited: 28th Nov, 2015
  2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Seems I found my own answer. The minimum site area is a bummer.

Infill housing zone precinct overall outcomes are:
    (a) Development retains a dwelling house built in 1946 or before.
    (b) Development provides that a new dwelling house, dual occupancy or multiple dwelling:
    (i) is no more than 2 storeys in height;
    (ii) is located between or behind dwelling houses built in 1946 or before on an appropriately sized and configured vacant lot;
    (iii) is compatible in scale and design with existing dwellings built in 1946 or before;
    (iv) reinforces the traditional building character of the Infill housing zone precinct.
    (c) Development achieves a maximum dwelling yield of one dwelling per 300m2 of site area.

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

How big is the block as there's an allowance for 1 dwellimg per 300m2.

4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Get in touch with Darryl (RPI from the forum). He knows all this stuff inside out.