SA Bridgewater SA

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by KatieQ88, 29th Sep, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KatieQ88

KatieQ88 New Member

hi there
    My partner and I are looking at a property in Bridgewater for investment with a view to be our PPR in a couple of years. 2 bedroom house on 768sqm block, asking 490k. Is there rental demand in this area? How does it compare to neighbouring suburbs?
    Any insight in this area would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. jim1964

jim1964 1941

Have you ever been to Bridgewater?

3. KatieQ88

KatieQ88 New Member

Hey Jim,
    Haha no, we haven’t yet but of course would before seriously considering buying. Why, is it a rough area? I’ve seen a lot of posts about Aldgate and Hahndorf which sounded positive so thought given its proximity would be a nice area.
    Cheers

4. jim1964

jim1964 1941

Bridgewater is a nice area, in the Adelaide Hills,20 so minutes to the CBD,always very popular as a lifestyle change to the hills.2 bedroom only may be a negative though.

KatieQ88 likes this.
  5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I think the whole stretch from Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate, Bridgewater, Hahndorf, Littlehampton and Nairne plus Mt Barker are all seeing increased demand as a lifestyle change given that it's really not that far from the CBD.

All they need is a lot more investment in infrastructure - particularly around Mt Barker.

I have no idea about overall rental demand though - I haven't monitored that market at all.

Last edited: 30th Sep, 2019
  6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I have a couple of friends who have bought their first homes in Bridgewater and commute into the CBD for work. The suburb appealed to them because you can get considerable 'bang for your buck' in comparison to closer to the CBD. They both bought a solid double brick 3 bedroom/ 1 bathroom house on a traditional sized allotment (about 700m square) for about $400k, on beautiful quiet leafy streets and lots of open spaces nearby to raise families. They send their kids to Bridgewater primary school and have good feedback about it, and there are some lovely old character pubs with cozy fireplaces nearby (I'm a big fan of the Bridgewater Inn- our kids play by the creek and playground while we have a beer and schnitzel :)

Just be mindful that Bridgewater properties are often on steep sloping blocks and of course the Adelaide hills has a higher rainfall and colder winter temperatures compared to down on the plains. So just factor in heating methods/costs and good storm water run-off. Overall it is a lovely owner-occupier suburb. Sorry I can't comment on rental demand- perhaps ring a few property managers in the area and ask what rental demand is like.

Last edited: 30th Sep, 2019
    Reddy likes this.