Bricklayers websites like this forum

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by zooby, 9th Jan, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. zooby

zooby Member

Hey team, what's a good website for bricklayers or builders, preferably from Aussie.
    Looking for lots of information on the Brickie trade.. ie how to build stuff etc.

Cheers,
    Zoobster

2. GoldDaze

GoldDaze Well-Known Member

From your Post I had thought you might be a young'un looking to go into the Trade. But on looking at your other Posts UR wanting to maybe develop/ improve a R.E purchase.
    This could perhaps be a suggestion in either case. Had you thought of getting some experience "on the job?' We have employed a brickie 's labourer when we have been running our own jobs e.g a young associate who was keen to make extra $$$s & he took his annual leave to work for us Also when we were doing a bigger development the builder we had employed several young chaps who were architecture Students & worked regularly when it fitted in with their timetables & hols. If that were feasible you could prob, after a cruise around building sites get in touch with the developer or Builder whose sign has to be up on the Site & enquire re work. You would get quite a good idea of the trade as you laboured for the brickies. Also extra earnings would add to your investing Fund. But of course your Labouring days might be over (as are mine ha ha ) All the Best anyway.

3. zooby

zooby Member

lol my labouring days will never be over as im suited to the role, im quite tall, sometimes fit & strong, I like being outside and I quite like hands-on, heavy construction work, it gets my endorphins surging!

Im actually a full grown adult but im looking into getting a Bricklayers Apprenticeship here in Perth or WA somewhere.

I reckon if I learn how to build brick houses and eventually work for myself I could virtually by-pass the buy & hold game and BUILD & SELL instead. Imagine doing 1 of these a year instead..

4. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

There's a less than busy brickwork forum on the Renovate Forum at Brickwork

5. zooby

zooby Member

thanx just had a quick look, looks interesting

6. zooby

zooby Member

actually, thanx again, kind of forum im looking for.. excellent!

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

8. James90

James90 Well-Known Member

Might be worth trying Facebook groups, I know there are large ones for Electricians (32,000 members) I assume there would be some Bricklaying ones.

9. zooby

zooby Member

Funny... Brick by brick - by Dave Roberson
    Looks like an interesting read on the whole LEGO comeback ;)

10. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

You can do this regardless of having a trade ... either way you'll be up for capital gains/income tax