Brick Clinker Reno

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Dmash, 4th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Dmash

Dmash Well-Known Member

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-rosanna-139227935

Hi PC.

My SIL has went and inspected the above home earlier this week and again today. Great location however it’s has an extension tacked onto it a few years back with the floors put in at different heights.
    It will need two walls knocked out and another two put in along with a new kitchen and bathroom, floor boards and some paint & plastering done.

Having never done renovations like this myself does anyone have a ball park as to what they could expect in this current market? The room that needs the walls knocked out and moved is room 3 at the back of the floor plan, it would also have a ensuite put into the study book next to it.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Depends on so many things. You'll need a builder to go and have a look. My rough guess based off what you said and guessing mid spec level....150k-170k very easily.

Last edited: 4th Jun, 2022
    Dmash likes this.
  3. Dmash

Dmash Well-Known Member

My initial thoughts too. 150k at a minimum to modernise it, add another 150k if you want it ti be jaw dropping. It’s in their budget so that part isn’t an issue but the time it could take is

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah I think your spot on with costings. I think it could get done in 4 months give or take depending on suppliers.

Dmash likes this.
  5. Zimplestiltskin

Zimplestiltskin Well-Known Member

Looks like living area is raised so that it can cater for garage underneath. You'd have to change a lot to make this work. Is it worth it?

6. Dmash

Dmash Well-Known Member

That’s exactly right. The garage still has ample head room you just need to have a thinner (steel) support beam underneath to retain it. They’ve had quotes come back today for it which they will subtract off the asking price and make an offer on. If they get it great, if not the vendors can keep it.

Zimplestiltskin and Sackie like this.
  7. Zimplestiltskin

Zimplestiltskin Well-Known Member

Oh well that's good, from the outside it looked like top of garage door might need to be lowered too. Do you mind telling us what were the quotes at?

I'm interested in the close for this type of work myself for our clinker brick place.

8. Dmash

Dmash Well-Known Member

Between 50-70k I have been told. The house is priced far too high as is so I hav e suggested to take the Reno costs off the advertised price. After todays meeting they might accept it!

Zimplestiltskin likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia