Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Casteller, 8th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Well they've signed it, very bad move for Britain in my opinion, and tragic for the millions of people in the future who now will lose opportunities to live and work in other countries.

A British passport enabled me to live in Switzerland and Spain, that will be much harder for Brits in 2 years. Those with residency abroad already like me probably will be OK, but who knows could get ugly, I hope Spain doesn't boot me out in 2 years.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Quote..

Boris Johnson refuses to rule out free movement staying during Brexit transition
    At midnight MPs will vote on giving the EU withdrawal bill a second reading. The government seems certain to win (there does not even seem to be much prospect of defeat on the programme motion), but it will be an important Brexit milestone

Juncker plans new vision for Europe (with no mention of Brexit)

3. Casteller

The UK has made a huge mistake, I hope they can back out from brexit, or at least secure a deal which gives them some of the EU benefits, just a big mess at the moment. I have a way out now so not a problem for me.

Pound has been absolutely clobbered since brexit decision, glad I shifted cash to Spain just before to buy property.

willair likes this.
  4. willair

A quick glance of the average performance of the pound and the slow erosion that could go against the UK in a very big way and more quicker then the people think..Add all that too all the linked dots that are already out there and it may become a big mess for every financial institutions and then the share-markets world wide-markets..

5. willair

6. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

Has anyone asked a Brexit voter - or a number of them - why they voted for it? My guess is it would be because of the immigration path both the EU (primarily) and the UK Govt were sending their Country down....lots of people coming in, not much assimilation and/or integration over the last several years, as well as escalating crime rates and welfare...the average person living there does not/didn't want any of that to simply continue, and with a Govt who seems to have no issues with it or any comments/concerns about it, I'd say.

HUGH72 likes this.
  7. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Lots of reasons - not necessarily about the 'average' person (& Scotland and Northern Ireland voted to stay).

This is a good exploratory article - and there have undoubtedly been more since: Why did people really vote for Brexit?

Nadine Cross likes this.
  8. Graeme

Graeme Well-Known Member

Joynz likes this.
  9. Casteller

EU citizens integrate quite well in the UK, I worked with many there, this perception/assumption is not correct. There is some resentment in lower paid jobs of Eastern European workers flooding the market. As far as crime goes I had far more trouble with the local English council house delinquents than any foreigners. And as far as local resentment of Muslim immigrants goes..well they are not from Europe.

Joynz likes this.
  10. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

I was referring not just to the WHO of legal immigrants, but also the volume of total immigration numbers, and to the EU ideology of open borders and virtually no restriction on the refugee flow....which is causing big problems across multiple European Countries, as we are seeing.
    The general pattern of Countries (and the EU) who are in favour of large immigration numbers is they never seem to have any ceiling on those numbers, and if anyone suggests a pullback of the numbers (for economic reasons), or suggests a ceiling on those numbers - they are immediately branded as heartless and racists..which is not the case.
    This pattern is what many Brexit voters rose up against, I suspect.

HUGH72 likes this.