Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Casteller, 8th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. samiam

samiam Well-Known Member

if london market crashes, I am buying there! I dont think it will do too badly

WattleIdo likes this.
  2. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

What does Brexit mean for the Australian property market?

Will Brexit effect the property market?
    Our residential sector is also likely to be impacted. London is one of the main destinations for Asian property buyers. Again, this uncertainty may lead them to look at other destinations such as Australia. Australia is going to be seen as increasingly safe, particularly compared to this volatile environment.

Media coming out of Britain suggests that the property market in London will be turned upside down by the exit. Whether this eventuates is uncertain.

Maybe

3. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Everthing in the world has a positive impact on Australian property

4. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Similar reasons to the link posted above by @Barny ..but it does depend on supply side of ythe equation. No doubt that leaving the eu reduces the uks desirability as iy removes freer trade that was there before as part of EU. If they keep buildinh stuff which i think they will to keep jobs going, then supply may outstrip demand. No crash..(definitely not in london) ...but expect softening for sure. Bigger drops in high risk assets. Will sort itself out over the long term...but expect short term next 2-3 years some pain.

5. ellejay

ellejay Well-Known Member

Yep, will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

6. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

A Brexit was marked as a potential "Black Swan" moment...i.e could be the straw that breaks the economic camel's back...

No idea how true that is...and by the sounds of things, the whole process has a long way to go. The vote is just the first step in a long process.

Anyway, t'is done now....and the popcorn is ready....

7. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Wow! This is truly stunning. Confirms the English are stupid as a nation.

hash_investor likes this.
  8. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

If we had no control over our immigration policy and were in the same situation I believe the result would be the same.

Nadine Cross, Joynz, THX and 8 others like this.
  9. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Its good that people want to come to UK for better work. Stupidity is they dont think like this.

LouLou7 likes this.
  10. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

They come to the UK for the welfare system, if that wasn't the case why not stay in neighbouring France?
    That has been the problem.

Nadine Cross, T.C. and ellejay like this.
  11. ellejay

As opposed to yourself who is clearly of a high intellect.

LouLou7 likes this.
  12. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yes most likely...however...the net benefit of $ contribited by freer movemeny of people contributed more $ than thr value 'lost' by them mooching of welfare etc...most people would not be able to see that though..most of the leave votes thought , rightly or wrongly, that thr benefiy im talking about above goes mostly to select people and the others are left high and dry...dunno hpw true or false this is...

13. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

Financial services sector which is such a big part of their economy will suffer from this decision no doubt , exactly how is yet to be determined.

14. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Now that Cameron...is gone..........................................How many leaders are gone that have said 'Assad' has 2 go. LOL!! list is growing..........Assad is still keeping it real.

15. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Tends to happen in a democracy, you know, leaders departing peacefully ;)

Nadine Cross and See Change like this.
  16. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

Merkel caused 'Brexit' when she agreed with mass migration . RIP . EU 24/6/16.

Nadine Cross and T.C. like this.
  17. The Falcon

The Falcon Well-Known Member

Ok, to the issue at hand. Lots of knee jerk reaction going on here........folks assuming UK has zero cards. Bear in mind other EU members don't want their economies buggered either, its a two way street. Expect trade deals to be hashed out in coming months and years that will largely net out with current EU member arrangements. Short term volatility yes, end of the world, no. FWIW I can understand the leave vote.

Joynz likes this.
  18. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I feel like visiting again now.

19. ellejay

A few people mooching off welfare is part of life in most developed countries. For so many thousands of people to vote this way, even in large cities with long histories of large scale immigration and relatively harmonious integration tells you that the system had lost all balance and even the more tolerant had become well and truly peed off. I think you'd need to experience it in your own country and find your own values and traditions were being severely eroded to understand. I think in the majority of cases it wasn't the immigrants themselves bothering people but government handling of unbridled immigration and general over the top PC stuff.

T.C., Francesco, samiam and 1 other person like this.
  20. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Could be ...could be both...its well reported that immigration -govt handling of it and/or personal experiences or biases or whatever related to immigration - right or wrong- was the biggest resson for the average leave voter...