QLD Bray Park, QLD- Houses

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by PropertyInvestment_Newby, 3rd May, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. PropertyInvestment_Newby

PropertyInvestment_Newby New Member

Thoughts on Bray Park QLD as potential IP.

First time property investor and from my research seems like a good place to begin my investing journey given the prices compared to say Sydney/Melbourne.

Any locals with good/bad info on the area would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

2. James90

James90 Well-Known Member

Lived there for 24 years, there is a decent amount of housing commission next to the high school. The rest is OK, the houses closer to gympie road are your older 2 storey houses, and the old north road side is full of single storey brick house estates. Let me know if your have any specific questions.

3. KnockKnock

KnockKnock Well-Known Member

A new estate development very close to Bray Park is coming with an estimated 400 houses to be built in 4 years...Rental of established houses might take a hit...

4. PropertyInvestment_Newby

PropertyInvestment_Newby New Member

Ok thanks you both for your help. Currently living in France so around mid October I will be back and hopefully be able to get over there to check out the area. Any other areas that you would recommend around the greater brissy region that would be a bit more appealing.

It baffles me why the housing is so cheap around Brisbane and so close to CBD. Surely this will have to show significant growth over the next 10 years. I’m no expert but it just an inexperienced observation. And don’t worry I have the right people around me to send me in the right direction in terms of IP’s. Just thought I’d ask.

Thankyou very much for your feed back.

Cheers

5. Katie

Katie Well-Known Member

I agree and you can Actually drive a car around Brisbane unlike Sydney and Melbourne 1 hour one way Sunshine Coast one hour the other way Gold Coast and the jobs are coming and omg the climate I love the place although can get a bit hot in summer :)

6. Amitgupta5

Amitgupta5 Member

Hey, did you end up buying in bray park?

7. Amitgupta5

Amitgupta5 Member

Is bray park still poised for growth ?

8. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Has all the growth drivers... continued investment in strathpine business hub and uni will see it chug along nicely for a while...lots of oo buying in this area

Amitgupta5 likes this.
  9. Amitgupta5

Amitgupta5 Member

Thanks

10. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

11. Amitgupta5

Amitgupta5 Member

12. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

A few posts here shouldn't convince you to invest anywhere. Plenty of good advice on this forum that deserves consideration but you need to do your due diligence before deciding where you're going to invest.

13. Amitgupta5

Amitgupta5 Member

Sure , I made up my mind there and then decided to seek your valuable suggestions, thank you

14. Closet

Closet Well-Known Member

Before diving in I'd compare Margate, Clontarf etc for the same or slightly more money as well... close to the water and a lot of development going on. For Bray Park have a chat to one of the local PM - most of the area is pretty good. Essentially you have the choice of the newer estates further away or the older areas nearer the shops and train stations. Both the Bray Park / Strathpine area has a nice feel to it and seems to continue to be popular now with OO.

Either way always check out the public housing maps on microburbs etc and be sure to take a drive around to see what you are getting before pulling the trigger...

15. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

Very sound advice. I can never understand when people invest in an area without fully understanding things like this. Driving around the area and understanding it is essential. I grew up in this area so I know there were always good and bad regions ... hasn't changed that much since I've moved elsewhere.

George Smiley and Amitgupta5 like this.
  16. jchan86

jchan86 Well-Known Member

Just pass on David Dean Real Estate for property management... you'll thank me later ;)

Santaslayer and TTT888 like this.
  17. TTT888

TTT888 Member

I bought an IP for my sis in laws from him...He is very nice person... easy to deal with...
    if you are going to buy an investment in Bray Park area... its best to check the floodmap.

Amitgupta5 likes this.
  18. Jeah_

Jeah_ Well-Known Member

We have one in Bray Park. Always rents easy as you have the retail area of Strathpine, as well as the industrial area of Brendale not far away. We bought close to the school and shops. It’s ticking along ok. The only downsides are MBRC rates are insane, and Unity Water are also not cheap compared to our other properties

Amitgupta5 likes this.
  19. MelindaJennison

MelindaJennison Brisbane Buyer's Agent & QPIA Business Member

The retail area in Strathpine is undergoing a redevelopment also. You can keep up to date with progress here: Development Update

20. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Out of interest and allowing for a similar price around Bray Parks median (approx $440k) how would it compare to Kippa-ring or even the more westerly located properties of Margate which, obviously aren't as desirable as the one east of Oxley Ave, but again suit a more apples to apples comparison.

Consider that Bray Park is a 2 stop 6 minute train ride from Petrie station and positioned closer to Brisbane CBD. From what I've seen online it seems to be quite a pleasant looking suburb in parts.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF