House & Home Brands and services

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by trinity168, 3rd Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I read through Depreciator's post about dyson vacuums and, was prompted to ask this question, what are the time and tested appliances you have had, which are well worth the price?

Dyson vacuums are, for me, top of the line and well worth the price.
    Webber BBQ - we bought ours more than 8 years ago and the ignition stopped working. Sent them an email and Webber sent the part for us free of charge.

I like things which are "built to last" and do not mind paying the "premium" up front. What are yours?

Cheers,
    T

2. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

RM Williams boots but I am 90% certain one of the SA staff took my credit card details and started spending big it.

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

+1 weber. I have tried others since mine did die and nothing comes close. sadly they now have front to rear burners and I loved the old side to side burners. I am buying another tonight. Tip for parts. Buy them from USA shipped to "MyUSA.com" and save a mint. eg Flavouriser bars but now they also come std as stainless which helps. And when weber sell stainess its a quality steel not like a chepo bunning BBQ which will rust away.

IMO Dysons are crap.They say "no loss of suction" but dont explain the dust will fill and limit suction in no time. So their claim is a pure embellishment. Their internal motor filters also get filthy and are so expensive and almost nobody knows they exist. Cost v performance is appalling. Way too noisy. A $89 Bunning Ozito wet and dry is ten times the power but certainly not something I wouild recommend. It will lift the carpet off the floor. Dyson IMO is up there with their hairdryers and fans which choice were scathing about. "Worse than a open window".

Beko dishwashers. Terrific design, Priced well and 5 year warranty included if you register. Great removable and adjustable parts all colour coded. They include an adhesive foam strip for the floor which is a simple and super effective cockroach breeding solution. No more roaches. Brilliant !!

trinity168 likes this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've also been less than impressed with a well know vacuum brand. One useless upright, swapped for a new one, same issue. I do use the stick but I won't ever pay for this brand again. It's been a let down for me.

I've only ever had Asko dishwashers and love them. Left them as we moved house, so have had four so far. When we remodel our laundry and kitchen in a few months, I'll swap the one I have for an integrated one.

I had Asko washing machines front loaders all my married life, swapped to a different brand once, didn't like the rubber seal and gave it to my son and went back to Asko.

I'm buying a washing machine and dryer today as we are doing a new laundry and kitchen soon. Generally they don't have sales. But Appliances Online have them $300 off until 5th December.

trinity168 likes this.
  5. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

Miele is my brand!
    We have oven, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer, all well over 10 years old.

The Dishwasher gave-up last year so bought a new one, luckily was under promotion so didn't pay too much. Hubby who dislike DW now is the sole operator!

The Dryer is hardly used but is very intelligent; it decides when it'd stop. Wonder how they hadv such technology back then.

Vacuum is the same. Refused to jump onto the bandwagon with Dyson after reading lots of reviews so got a Miele. Not as quiet as the previous Electrolux but very good performance.

trinity168 likes this.
  6. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

We have Miele dishwasher! Good brand and well worth the money.

7. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Anko vacuum cleaner - unbelievable performance with a few filter mods (we have used with sanders for wood and paint stripping etc).

Ozito - keep expecting them to be "one-use disposable" units for a project but they last!

Saxon garden tools - again, a cheap brand that has outlasted comparable Fiskar products.

Barnel - pole saw and sickles. Deadly blades.

The Y-man

trinity168 likes this.