ASX Shares Brainchip (BRN)

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Mws, 5th Jul, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mws

Mws Well-Known Member

Any holders of BRN taking up the entitlement offer?
    There offering a 1 for 4 for the amount of shares you have

willair and Silverson like this.
  2. JK200SX

JK200SX Well-Known Member

Yes, I'd be keen to know what other peoples thought are on this offer, and the company in general?

3. marty998

marty998 Well-Known Member

I held this company for a year when it was called Aziana (it was a tiny little mining speccie).

Languished in the doldrums, before finally coming back up to my break even price.

I'd had enough, sold out (for a net $100 profit), 2 hours later the company when into a trading halt.

Backdoor listing of artificial intelligence blah blah Terminator Robots blah blah I thought it was a load of BS.

Sat there gobsmacked as the share price doubled from 2.6c, then doubled again and was horrified as it exploded up to 70c. I'm like, Christ, talk about burning a $70,000 winning lotto ticket.

Anyway good luck if you hold it, don't think it has really done anything of note since then. If it had, we'd all probably be worshipping our machine overlords by now.

4. Silverson

Silverson Well-Known Member

Have taken up my offer, have held since its was AZK (Aziana limited). Exciting technology, not betting cattle stations on it, is one of my three penny stocks, have ridden from afew cents to its highs and back down. Have been buying a fair bit lately.
    Truth is however that revenue needs to start flowing in before it becomes less of a gamble imo.

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I know nothing about this company ..
    Return on Capital (%)-173.00
    Price range is between 0.030 --0.20..
    Some people get a thrill confronting a random out come whether the %odds are stacked against or in their favour..
    Btw I did read something about the company at a recent display for the military in …. ישראל

Silverson likes this.
  6. Silverson

Ye the company financials aren't a screaming 'buy' that's for sure however if you find yourself some free time have a read about the company/technology and Peter Van Der Made the founder who was chief technical officer at IBM in their glory days.
    Spec stocks/small caps are not my thing but as stated BRN is one out of three I do hold and will hold until the end.

willair and Mws like this.
  7. willair

Thanks, interesting person and the team this gentleman has around him ,reminds me of a old 1982 movie called TRON that I have in my beta tape collection .
    Bought a small amount this afternoon imho...

Redwing and Silverson like this.
  8. Silverson

Welcome aboard! Like I said super exciting technology!
    How does the movie TRON end? Will it mean a happy ending for all BRN shareholders haha

Froxy likes this.
  9. willair

I spent several hours reading who are the main stake--holder's behind BRN --that alone ticked one box
    then watched the sales volumes for a few hours and knowing from past investments on the unknow unknows lists things that never happened before tend to eventually happen in a area like this ..

If I told you the ending to TRON it may well ruin the entire movie..
    good luck..

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.ne...3369/brainchipinc/db/217/1682/pdf/1941961.pdf

Last edited: 9th Jul, 2019
    Redwing and Silverson like this.
  10. Mws

Mws Well-Known Member

Willair welcome aboard thrill seeker

willair likes this.
  11. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be buying yet, but I know bugger all about it, I understand the technology is unreliable and has some flaws. I would wait for an inflection point, turning point, a a change in cashflow, a catalyst such as sales contract, tipping into profitability, a corporate spinoff. You may need to wait until some significant price rises, but I would be trying to double my money on it in 6 months and sleep very comfortably at night at the same time, at the moment that may take many years or not at all, in the mean time for my money there is better places. though a small position now may soon prove very profitable.

nuzullandchicky and Froxy like this.
  12. Silverson

Share your sentiment to an absolute tee!
    I understand the risk being invested in this early stage, hence the capital allocation is not huge, but a small amount of skin in the game is well worth it at this stage, this imo is the future, BRN are front runners, they have the attention of some very big names. Definitely worth a small investment for me at this stage of my life.

willair likes this.
  13. willair

Anyone still buying, going by who were in the waiting list yesterday --from one hope-full at 1-5 million at 0.001 right up too the balance line at 0.062 and there were several % above 100000 plus buys which was only $6,219.950 per 100000 late yesterdayand a lot better the betting the same on Qld VS Nsw ..imho..

14. Mws

Mws Well-Known Member

I’ve got 75000 shares about 4.8k worth, so not much. I just wanted to get some skin in the game. If it goes a#%se up so what it was a punt

willair likes this.
  15. willair

83 sellers for 12,003,254 units vs 181 buyers for 17,186,210 units ..

The greatest risk with something like this is you become successful ..

This is only my opinion as something like this will be subjected to some varying levels of uncertainty ,but all it will take is the right media from my experience from the green medical smoko equities i have small holdings in from one that went from 0.130 cents into above $1.70 that one is back around 40 cents a few minutes ago..imho..

16. willair

17. JK200SX

Anyone have any further thoughts on this company?

18. Silverson

Just waiting for more news on Akida, then hopefully some revenue.
    As someone who’s holding over a couple of hundred thousand shares i hope we have a sale and marketing team itching to get us out there. In saying that there have been many of well respected tech gurus who have been privvy to some of BRNs technology, these people have publicly stated how amazed they are and how ahead of the game BRN are so if this is true the products should walk of the shelves.
    Truth is however the company is still bleeding money and patents alone are not going to pay the bills, we need revenue and deals.

Again no advice, exciting technology and exciting company

19. willair

I still have a look once a week the entry price is about the same and i don't have a black belt in stirring but i know as i'm holding just above 300 hundred thousand myself that 5 cents can turn into 5 dollars and the 5 cents can also turn into 0.00001 cent ...hold and wait ....imho...

Silverson likes this.
  20. JK200SX

Yep, Ive also got 350K across 4 entities. Would be nice at the $5 mark!

Silverson likes this.