Bradbury NSW

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Miss Schultz, 8th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Miss Schultz

Miss Schultz Member

Hi all, I am trying to buy my first property, and have researched quite a few areas. I would prefer to buy a larger property slightly further out than a 1 bedroom close to the CBD. (Purely financial as if i had more money I would buy In the inner west. ) I will rent it out initially and move into it a bit later.

Currently i am looking at houses in Bradbury but as i am not from the area, I am not sure if it is one of the safer areas in Campbelltown, or not.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Miss Schultz

Miss Schultz Member

Oh i should mentioned, i have searched this forum first but didn't find anything.

3. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

Bradbury is probably the the farthest you would want to go for a PPOR. Leumeah, Minto, Ingleburn are decent if you want to pay a bit more.

The only other places worth mentioning is Glen Alpine or the Narellan suburbs but they are more pricey.

You should also have a drive around to see if you like Bradbury and speak to the locals if you can.

4. Miss Schultz

Miss Schultz Member

Sounds like you think it's not that safe?I think Narellan is probably a bit further than i want to go. My furthest was Casula, but then for my price range, i thought just go that bit further and actually get a house.

The other option on my radar is a unit in Belmore. They're still relatively cheap, but i feel the prices will rise.

5. TaylorChang

TaylorChang Well-Known Member

Bradbury is an older suburb than Narellan.
    Some are some housing commission houses in Bradbury, a bit rougher.
    Narellan is newer. It also reflected on the price. Bradbury is cheaper than Narellan.
    For investment, I would prefer Bradbury than Narellan because rental yield is higher in Bradbury.

6. Miss Schultz

Miss Schultz Member

Going to do some inspections tomorrow. I'll see the feeling i get of the areas around there after i visit.

Thanks

7. Nick Valsamis

Nick Valsamis Well-Known Member

I think it is okay, but I don't have any stats to really determine how safe it is. There are worse areas than Bradbury around there though.

Maybe also check out the other suburbs above Bradbury while you are there.

A unit in Belmore or surrounding suburbs could be a better investment, but then you need to decide if you want to live there as well. Or you could always buy one there as an investment and rent somewhere else.

TaylorChang likes this.
  8. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I looked around there and other areas years ago, I do not think it is too bad, you will be able to tell by the look of the street, it is a far different area than 30 years ago.

9. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

It's not bad. With the renewal of Airds and Bradbury there's a massive cleanup. Good location IMO and worth saving an extra 50-100k for an extra 5 min drive

TaylorChang likes this.
  10. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

Not safe? lol

What people who don't go over the bridge think of Western Sydney.

RenegadeDom likes this.
  11. RenegadeDom

RenegadeDom Well-Known Member

I actually cannot believe I've lasted this long in the west!

12. mini2

mini2 Well-Known Member

Have a look at Airds and wait for the ex-houso clearance. There's 1000+ of them to be flogged off and right opposite the new estate there. Somewhere between the 4-500k mark (depending on moonphase, wave pattern, sunset time of that weekend etc...prices are all over the shop and logic doesn't quite explain why some of them gone for cheaper than others.

13. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

Alot depends on size of the house. Some are tiny although have same features the rooms are much smaller. Also depends on position and how far they are from new houses. The closer to newer houses the more they'll likely go for

14. MissSwiss

MissSwiss Active Member

I grew up in the area, and Bradbury is probably middle of the road. Whilst an older area, it's a fairly average family sort of suburb. Is it one of the best suburbs in the Campbelltown area? No. But it certainly isn't one of the bad suburbs.

15. datto

datto Well-Known Member

I always remember the suburb of Cadbury having a bad reputation.

However the houses are mainly brick and more newish than some Western Sydney suburbs such as Mt Druitt.

16. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

There are a lot of newish houses in Druitt mate. Certainly more than newtown and dulwich hill

17. datto

datto Well-Known Member

True. But still a hell of alot of fibro. And they're still cheap in comparison.

18. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Yes. Shalvery/dharruk/LP. These areas create most of the bad name for druitt that turns away most new investors

19. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

What is your price range?
    How long do you intend to hold this as an IP?

My observation of the areas are:
    Prices in Bradbury has moved a notch higher over the past 6-12 months but not by a significant amount compared to surrounding suburbs.
    The areas closer to Casula which still has development happening (i.e Edmondson Park, Carnes hill) have an unstable increase in prices.
    The prices in more developed areas like Minto has stopped moving up and is just currently holding its value - this is for properties with land sizes of up to 350sqm. The ones with bigger land content are still selling at around 650-800k.