VIC Box Hill plan?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by ATANG, 27th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's any future master plan in Box Hill? Is the gov going to do something big e.g. new mall, tram e.t.c? I really like the area but I know there are heaps of apartments blocks coming up. Not sure if it's wise to get an old school unit there.....

2. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

master plan onot there is no value in apartments in box hill, north or south - if you want you should get a landed villa in block of 4. or buy a townhouse.

3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Hi @ATANG have you found something in Seaford? You're now looking at Box Hill. What are the areas you are targeting? House? Apartment? Townhouse? House and Land package? I presume you live in Melbourne. I see that you are in SA. Where does your research bring you to? I'm in NSW and keen to hear where you are up to in your research. I personally won't buy apartments unless it's something really special.

4. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah I am just browsing around melb market, find it hard to decide what to get. For houses I am looking at frankston area and bayswater area. Although I don't know what vacancy rate there is.... For units, I am looking at old school one or two storeys units with spacious living areas....

5. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

CF or CG? How many IPs do you want to get in next 5 years?

6. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Atang - would not be buying in BH at all unit. TH or house. This place has peaked - Apartments are still selling however many are not valuing up with valuers concerned about the foreign investors and long term growth prospects.

BH does have great infrastructure but it is already there....

The Chinese community love Bok Hill - but have moved their attention to Glen Waverley of late. Surrounding suburbs in Blackburn / Mont Albert have continued to excel in last few years too.

Cheers Ivan

7. ATANG

ATANG Well-Known Member

Hm... I think its just the matter of time for it to digest. The problem now is there are too many supplies but in 10 years time, i think it will still rise. Look at Chatswood.