NSW box hill NSW vs doncaster east VIC

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Zitkviz, 15th Dec, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Zitkviz

Zitkviz Member

Cnt decide between these two but leaning more towards Doncaster East.

Looking for :

500sqm
    rebuild after 3years so old demolish able property
    good schools primary mainly secondary
    quiet suburb(we really don't do much other than school/activities for kids and work)
    capital growth in 5years
    IT job opportunities( current job is WFH)
    budget is 1.2mil for now and will build in 3years

pour in your valuable suggestions.
    thankyou

2. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Haven't been keeping track of the east (after I gave up on my PPoR goal for now), wouldn't you struggle to find anything at that price point for that much land in Donny East? In any case, our resident experts of the east @The Y-man and @Peter_Tersteeg should be able to help further.

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

Right now I've got clients purchasing land around anywhere between $850k - $1.3M in the area. Building on it is gong to cost those clients another $500k. I believe the land size is a bit more than 500 sqm. Both clients purchase a property with an existing house that is almost uninhabitable.

I have a friend who bought a town house in Box Hill (on the Blackburn edge) for under $1M about 6 months ago. Probably much lower land content but it's quite a nice house.

4. Truly Exotic

Truly Exotic Well-Known Member

Box hill in NSW! vs doncaster East in VIC?

5. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Yeah weird comparison

6. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I know DE pretty well, but no idea about BH NSW, so can't really comment....

The Y-man

7. DavidG

DavidG Active Member

I live in the Doncaster East area , the median $ price is around $1.5 now , all the sales in the streets around me knock down rebuild 700 sq m approx are bringing just that 1.5 . One up the road from me sold several years ago with plans for $1.6 . Its a good Area been here for 30 years , its s safe , good schools , good medical , good shops . Box Hill ( Melb) will set you back even more $

8. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

if you had bought that block in Box Hill when you first asked this question in August, you would have gained $220,000 on you $660,000 purchase. 300 metre blocks that were selling for $660k then are selling for up to $900k now. That’s a 33% increase in 4 months.
    (I bought 14 extra blocks then.)

9. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

The OP's just made a typo, I'm pretty sure. He meant Box Hill in Vic.

10. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

They tagged NSW too

11. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Probably typo'd it too. In any case, @Zitkviz can comment further and respond to some posts in this thread.

12. Zitkviz

Zitkviz Member

Hi,
    I meant BH in NSW. I know its weird to compare these too. I live in Sydney currently but with my budget and the requirements I have, these become my only options. I hope you can now understand what I meant. I am ready to move only because I can only afford BH in NSW I may be wrong too; may its already gone beyond my budget.

13. Zitkviz

Zitkviz Member

I know now!! I just moved to Australia last year from overseas so had absolutely no idea about property prices here. So yeah, Shouldn't have waited this long.

14. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

Had a quick look at Box Hill nsw on satelite view.
    Looks like a complete **** hole.
    As much as i am not mad on Melbourne, I think Doncaster East is a far superior area

At least the area has some trees, im not a greeny but any area without natural landscape is soul destroying

15. Ariyahn2011

Ariyahn2011 Well-Known Member

I grew up in Doncaster East. Family live here. Probably one of the best areas in Mdlbourne imo. Extremely safe and fantastic public schools. Can you believe my parents bought their house for 187K. It's now been renovated many times on land 600+sm.

16. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

Brand new areas don’t have landscaping for about 4-5 years. It takes a while for the trees to grow and council hasn’t started it’s parks yet.
    Today saw the highest price recorded for a 300+ metre block with a $995,000 sale price recorded. This is in a suburb that is about 48-53 kilometres from the CBD.
    31 Pleasance Street, Box Hill, NSW 2765
    https://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-nsw-box+hill-203169546
    We’re withholding putting our 75 lots on the market until Council gives approval, which should be February for the first 39.