Bosch or Smeg

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Sackie, 28th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

We've used Bosch on a couple of our developments and are happy with the product.

Will continue using them on our low to mid-tier projects. We're now using Ilve/Miele on our higher-end projects. If you shop around and have trade accounts with good suppliers, you can get them at good prices.

Let me know how you go.

Sackie likes this.
  2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

If it's not too late I'm totally going to recommend Siemens.
    Fantastic reputation but with normal distribution and pricing so it's not like Miele/Asko with very few discount points. About 30% off RRP can be achieved.

They have a great compact range that I'm going to use in apartments - half size dishwasher and a combi oven+microwave and integrated fridge.
    CM633GBS1B

For my PPOR I'm getting a 800mm induction hotplate that is one great big induction spot, the combi oven + microwave and a pyrolitic oven.
    EH875KU12E
    HB673G0S1A

Perthguy and Sackie like this.
  3. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I'll go to the store to have a look in person at it and see what pricing my builder can get. Just wondering what the publics perception of bosch vs Siemems is..

But i like the compact one in your link for units actually

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I also like the Miele range but i think it would be a tad over capitalising for the project Im looking at. I think perhaps for my Norman Park splitter it might work or the pitt. Also like Liebeherr but can't justify the costs..

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

7. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

9. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Siemens, Neff and Bosch are all the same family company I think last time I worked it out. It goes Bosch at the bottom, Siemens in the middle then Neff at the top but Neff is over priced.

Perthguy and Sackie like this.
  10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

A sister is going to do her kitchen with Westinghouse, but the 90cm wide variety. Apparently came out strongly in the Choice reviews.

Perthguy likes this.
  11. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I am fairly sure I will do Westinghouse oven and gas cooktop. I ran the numbers for Bosch but I don't think I can justify the cost for a rental. I can always upgrade when I eventually sell ;)

12. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yup heard good things about Westinghouse but we need those 'fancy' name appliances for this dev to get the price we're looking for.

Perthguy and Westminster like this.
  13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yep. I understand completely. You are looking to buy for perception... buyers snobbery...

Sackie likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Precisely. I don't try to understand it, just milk it.

Last edited: 1st Jan, 2017
  15. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Definitely!

Got to. This is Marketing 101, which incidentally I have done at uni and I did very well ;)

You have to give people what they want. Doing this meant I just rented out a 3x1 in 3 days in an area where it can take up to 5 months to find a tenant for a 3x1. There are 26 3x1s on the market in that suburb, which is obviously a lot of competition. So it comes down to price, location, presentation. These are the things that impress people.

Gockie and Sackie like this.
  16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@Perthguy you make a great point re marketing. I think a large part of this game (renos, subdivisions, devs) is to package a product the market wants, market it to their desires via emotions. It's basically how we get marketed to as consumers on almost everything, everyday.

Perthguy and kierank like this.
  17. Something_Wrong

Something_Wrong Well-Known Member

We have Westinghouse in the kitchen and F&P in the laundry all atleast 5yrs old and still working well, our childcare centre has a ASKO washer and ASKO dryer, these are running multiple times per day 5 days a week and in 2.5yrs have not let us down, which considering the sand and stuff which doesn't get shaken of the clothes / sheets / teddy bears is a good refection of the quality.

P.s Dryers with out the condenser, should also be ruled out, our old unit laundry roof was so moldy, due to the steam from the tenants dryer i ended up re-sheeting it when we sold it.

18. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Siemens is very nice. I have WM, Heat-pump dryer and dishwasher. My perception is very favourable, but my background is in engineering.. most of the public have probably never heard of Siemens or Liebherr.

Siemens is basically German-made Bosch with a slightly different skin, and a 5-year vs 2-year warranty. Internals are identical.

The Siemens stuff looks very upmarket too, but Miele is hard to go past for brand recognition. Every damn home magazine has at least 2 pages of glossy Miele advertising.

Westminster likes this.
  19. Yann

Yann Well-Known Member

With a passionate French pastry chef as wife, I can say the appliance does not matter. We have rented luxury apartments with top range ovens and cheap homes with old crap ones and my wife always managed to bake amazing deserts. Get a cheap one and pay for a cooking class instead, this will yield better results.

Perthguy likes this.