Borrowing in company names

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Blacky, 9th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

I have a current loan split in two.
    Loan a) used to purchase the property it is secured by (in my name).
    Loan b) (also in my name) used to on lend to ABC pty ltd (100% shareholding by me).

My accountant recommended me to see if I can refinance Loan B) directly into ABC Pty Ltd name. Effectively, there would be a loan to Abc pty ltd - purpose of funds - repay loan to Mr Blacky. Net effect on debt/LVR - $nil
    I approached my bank manager, who put me onto the business lender.

I understand they need to do a full application, however, they also will not offer me a 'resi' loan, only a business loan.

In my past experience I have always been able to access residential loan facilities (Home loans) in company entities.

Is this case unique, as there is going to be two borrowers, secured by the one property? effectively meaning ABC pty ltd can only provide a second mortgage (well, really it is me providing the second mortgage with guarantee to ABC pty ltd).
    Or is it just my bank (which bank?) being difficult?

Blacky

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

It could be done as residential if the property is residential.
    Are you with Westpac?

The company doesn't own the property so it cannot give a mortgage. You have to allow the company to use your property with you providing the mortgage and a guarantee tot he lender.

3. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

4. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

why do you want to change things around.

St g would probably be the easiest lender for this sort of thing.

5. imbi3

imbi3 Well-Known Member

It depends on what the Loan b) was originally used for. If it was used to purchase a residential property, then you should be able to do it as resi loan. One of the lenders that would do this is ANZ

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia