VIC Boronia

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Opi, 15th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Opi

Opi Member

could anyone please shed some light on buying property in boronia Dorset road.
    Is that a good area given main road location. Thanks

2. Lemmy a fiver

Lemmy a fiver Well-Known Member

Traffic can be very heavy at times on Dorset rd, but usually flows pretty well.
    Both Dorset rd (& the parallel running Scoresby rd) are the main thoroughfare's used by light & heavy trucks to & from the industrial estates in Boronia, Bayswater, Bayswater Nth & Kilsyth Sth.
    Personally I try to avoid travelling on either whenever possible.
    If your moving into the area you will soon work out the backstreet shortcuts.
    If I need to travel to Boronia from where I live (Kilsyth) its possible to avoid all the trucks & only encounter 1 set of traffic lights by going down Liverpool road ( continue across Canterbury rd) then continue straight thru the roundabout at Mountain Hwy which runs thru The Basin on Miller rd, then left onta Albert Ave which will take you all the way up to the Boronia road roundabout.
    Much quicker....less traffic.

Opi likes this.
  3. Opi

Opi Member

Thanks a lot...for the detailed reply.

I was looking to buy IP in the area as that's wat I could afford n thinking the area will keep going up long term..

4. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

IP's on main roads, generally go up in value in line with the overall suburb but:
    1. Are avoided by tenants and have a higher vacancy rate than properties in quieter streets
    2. Are difficult to sell if you need to without dropping the price

Opi likes this.
  5. RickProp

RickProp Well-Known Member

Stay away from main roads, train lines, cemeteries, power lines, industrial etc, use common sense. Tenants will be more difficult to find, rental and selling prices will less, in general. If commercial, then look for all of that, the busier the better.

Last edited: 15th Mar, 2017
    Opi likes this.
  6. Lemmy a fiver

Lemmy a fiver Well-Known Member

Then preferably look at the side streets within a 10 minute walk of the train station/shopping area. Or if a cheaper alternative opens up on Dorset rd then grab one if its got a service road running down the side of Dorset rd (most are up towards the Bayswater Nth side).
    Nobody wants to have to wait for a break in heavy traffic, then have to reverse out of a driveway.
    I have In-Laws that both live there & operate a business in the main shopping area of Boronia.
    They all say they enjoy the area for what its worth?
    If your budget can stretch it I'd rather head towards Bayswater, if it doesn't? Well then I'd take Boronia over The Basin, or surrounding areas like FTG, Upper FTG, or beyond. (My opinion only).

Opi likes this.
  7. Opi

Opi Member

Thanks a lot really appreciate ur time

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia