QLD Booval QLD

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Jmillar, 9th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

My family owns a few properties in Booval, which are zoned for tri-level townhouses. It seems the market hasn't moved much in the last year but was wondering if anyone knows the market well and can offer any insight?

Is it gentrifying?

Do you predict some capital growth in the short to medium term?

Any major projects happening nearby?

We'd like to be able to develop the sites in 5-10 years' time.

Thanks

2. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

I've always liked that Joffre Street / French Street side of the highway. Bit of splitter activity happening. Some recent price movement I think?

There's certainly some work coming to the area.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  3. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

I personally think Booval is slowly gentrifying, being directly adjacent to lovely Newtown, but I am a little biased because I love Ipswich.

There's no reason I've come across that would lead me to believe there is any substantial capital growth incoming.

No large projects I'm aware of.

There's a few townhouse and splitter developments going on, but it's still pretty slow and I don't think the early adopters have made good profits.

4. EmmaS

EmmaS Active Member

Hi Tom,

What's your thoughts on Newtown? I've started looking at is, as well as Bellbird Park, trying to get a decent size block of land for future subdivision potential.

5. trp35

trp35 Well-Known Member

On the other side of Booval, Bundamba 4 beds have seen an annual growth change of 15%.

I think Newtown is a really nice suburb that will do really well in the long term. I haven't been following its prices to closely but its neighbour Eastern Heights is currently seeing a huge price increase in 3 beds. Currently its listed median on REA.com is 290k. On the market at the moment there are four 3 beds for under $300k, and 18 for $300k or above. The sales data further supports this.

I recently bought an IP in the Ipswich area, and one of the main selling points for me was that currently there's a very small price difference between houses in "good" vs "bad" suburbs. Looking at sales in Leichhardt, One Mile & Churchill, a lot of the prices are often comparable to Newtown, Eastern Heights, Woodend, Sadliers Crossing etc. This isn't always the case of course, but a lot of the sales have made me question it.

6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Newtown is gorgeous- easily the best suburb in Ipswich. I lived there for a few years in a huge old Queenslander and it's just a beautiful place to live.

Danmicb likes this.