Books and other free resources

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by Redwing, 30th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Download four of Meb Fabers books for free by clicking

upload_2018-10-20_5-44-20.png

Pleep likes this.
  2. Redwing

José, Josseph or Joseph Penso de la Vega, best known as Josseph de la Vega (ca.1650, Espejo, Spain — November 13, 1692, Amsterdam, Netherlands), was a successful Jewish merchant, poet, and philanthropist residing in 17th century Amsterdam. He became famous for his masterpiece Confusion de Confusiones [1688] Confusion of Confusions,the oldest book ever written on the stock exchange business.

Confusion de Confusiones

Penso also came up with four basic rules of the share market that are still of the greatest relevance today:

The first rule in speculation is: Never advise anyone to buy or sell shares. Where guessing correctly is a form of witchcraft, counsel cannot be put on airs.

The second rule: Accept both your profits and regrets. It is best to seize what comes to hand when it comes, and not expect that your good fortune and the favorable circumstances will last.

The third rule: Profit in the share market is goblin treasure: at one moment, it is carbuncles, the next it is coal; one moment diamonds, and the next pebbles. Sometimes, they are the tears that Aurora leaves on the sweet morning's grass, at other times, they are just tears.

The fourth rule: He who wishes to become rich from this game must have both money and patience
    upload_2018-10-21_6-45-28.png

Pleep likes this.
  3. Redwing

4. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Piston_Broke likes this.
  5. KateSydney

KateSydney Well-Known Member

" Nail it!: Take control of your building project and save thousands "
    Adam Hobill

ONLY for people like me who know zero about building. I borrowed this from my local library and will buy it too when I get around to it. It makes this stuff comprehensible to a complete ignoramus. When I was at school in the 60s it was compulsory for girls to do cooking and sewing, when boys did woodwork and metalwork. I've had a mental block about building ever since although I could have gone and done an evening course I suppose.

Sackie, Westminster and Terry_w like this.
  6. Redwing

7. Ketsle

Ketsle Well-Known Member

I just purchased "Never Split the difference" by Chris Voss. It's on negotiation.

I feel as though its going to be a very useful tool for me to develop in all aspects of my life and not just property. I'll let you know how it goes when i get it.

Cousinit, lixas4 and Terry_w like this.
  8. Redwing

Free Download (Rick Ferri)

Serious Money – Straight Talk about Investing for Retirement

[​IMG]

Serious Money is my first book, written incognito during the late 1990s when I was still a stockbroker at Smith Barney. It was the beginning of my quest to change the investment adviser industry.

I explain why stockbrokers, investment firms, financial consultants and the mass media do not always have your best interests at heart and take the industry to task for spending too much effort selling and too little effort on meeting the real needs of investors. The book exposes why “beat the market” strategies almost always fail, how management fees and commission costs erode your profits and explain the ulterior motive driving most investment advice.

Last, I encourage investors can take charge of their own financial future and leave the gimmicks, false promises, media hype, and “miracle” stories behind. The book maps out the steps to develop a successful approach to investing for retirement using market-matching index funds and other “passive” strategies that truly build wealth while keeping investment costs and taxes to a minimum.

9. Justin_mo

Justin_mo Well-Known Member

Hey I have come across this MarketIndex site and wondering what are people's thoughts on it? Are they reputable?
    How do they make money, when they give away free detailed advice on shares?
    Are the share buy/sell consensuses biased?

As always I do my own research on any shares I buy.

10. Justin_mo

Justin_mo Well-Known Member

11. Cousinit

Cousinit Well-Known Member

Never split the difference is a great book to have. I read it from the library and ended up buying it.

12. Redwing

13. Redwing

upload_2021-6-25_8-29-53.png
    We're Talking Millions

Paul Merriman

Cousinit likes this.
  14. Redwing

If You Can is Bernstein’s recommendation for an investment plan that a 7-year-old can understand, using just three mutual funds. Bernstein says it’s likely to outperform 90% of financial professionals in the long run.

Bernstein identifies five major hurdles facing young investors and tells how to overcome them. For serious students, he includes a good reading list.

The price: Free.

upload_2021-6-25_8-35-38.png

Piston_Broke and Cousinit like this.
  15. Drifty

Drifty Well-Known Member

Usually the best "investing" books aren't specifically about property investing/shares..

Absolutely worth my time/money;
    Motivated money - Peter Thornhill
    Positively geared - Lloyd Edge
    Free Capital - Guy Thomas
    Never split the difference - Chris Voss
    The psychology of money - Morgan Housel
    The black swan - Nassim Taleb
    0 -130 properties in 3.5 years - Steve McKnight
    One up on wall st - Peter Lynch
    The millionaire fastlane : MJ Demarco (can't quite remember this totally but remember it being good - can find it online for free).
    Rich Dad's cashflow quadrant - Robert Kiyosaki (Original was good but basic, this fleshes the same concept out a bit more).

Wasn't worth my time/money;
    Bulls,Bears & a croupier - Matthew Kidman
    The armchair guide to property investing - Ben Kingsley

Others
    The secret life of real estate and banking - Philip Anderson
    This is a monster of a history book that basically conveys the 18.6 year rule and not much more. Long ass read and very tedious but if you are a history buff you might enjoy it more than me.

16. Redwing

Seven Deadly Innocent Frauds of Economic Policy

Book by Warren Mosler

Free Online Moslereconomics.com

upload_2022-9-16_3-55-39.png

Terry_w likes this.
  17. Cousinit

Whenever I meander into a bookshop I like to go straight to the business and economics section, if I can find it.

Lately I haven't found too much to buy but I purchased the 'Property Investing for Dummies' which is actually very very good. The authors have done great job. It covers every aspect in detail.
    Server Busy

Sackie and Terry_w like this.
  18. Bill2255

Bill2255 Well-Known Member

great collection. which two books to would recommend?

what is 250 property in 7 years like. there are few like that with the title

19. Cousinit

That was a good book which I have but much of it is dated now.

20. Cousinit

craigc and Terry_w like this.