Body wash in short term lets

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Gockie, 15th Mar, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jodes

jodes Well-Known Member

@Gockie- here is what it looks like. And yes, environmentally friendly also ! (As you can buy the larger refill bottles) [​IMG]

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Thanks. I think it might not completely work at my place but would be good in others! Question, I see that's hand wash... how about body wash?

3. jodes

jodes Well-Known Member

@Gockie- We have the same for all of them (I just didn't have a photo easily to hand of the body wash).

4. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Nice.

5. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

Gee, I just have leave a bar of soap. Well over 100 Airbnb visitors and nobody has mentioned it.
    I figure if people want something fancy, they can bring it themselves. For hand washing, I leave liquid soap.
    Not far from me is a big Salvos place where manufacturers offload stuff - probably when they do packaging changes and stuff like that. Every couple of months I go there and get dozens of bottles of hand wash, dish detergent etc for $2 each.

Excalibur1, Perthguy and Gockie like this.
  6. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Easily amused ? Personal hygiene products in small bottles are on ebay and really really cheap. Makes changeover fast. Bin the old and replace. Nobody makes $$ from that. Its like arguing fancy loo paper gets repeat rents....Idont think so. Show me a major hotel chain well known for their 3 ply arse wipes.

7. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

That's something I don't understand, not of any place - Hotels/shopping centre/ workplaces. They think they saved money by using a 2ply but hardly they know people make it 4ply when they use it ;):p

8. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

Haha you'd be surprised. At least one of my guests was so impressed that they mentioned the hotel amenities in their review!

9. jodes

jodes Well-Known Member

I've also had numerous people mention in their feedback ! It's one of those things also that people won't complain about if they don't get it, but I think it can impress them / add to their overall impression of the place.

10. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I've complained about 1 ply in a hotel review.

That's like no protection at all.

MTR and teetotal like this.
  11. mikey7

mikey7 Well-Known Member

A hotel I stayed at in Italy provided 1 ply. I pretty much just made it 14 layers thick, and went thru heaps of rolls. They certainly didn't save on toilet paper with me.

I like the little bottles of shampoo and bodywash. They really do come in handy, especially if you forget to bring yours. I just stayed at a B&B in Durban, South Africa over ghr last two weeks, and forgot to take mine. They provided a bottle of each, per person, each day of stay. Saved me going out specifically for them, when all I wanted to do was shower after a 24hr trip (door to door).

12. geoffw

I have bad memories of some of the very rough paper they used to make when I was younger.

But that wasn't as bad as the cut up sheets of newspaper at my grandparents' place. They went through the great depression.

At least there was always something to read.

SeafordSunshine likes this.
  13. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I misread it too and thought that it was an add-on service, like a day spa or foot massage.

That's not a nice thing to say about their staff. ;)

Last edited: 18th Mar, 2017
  14. geoffw

I'm staying at a very nice Airbnb in Penang, and they supply body wash in 2l containers.

15. Wanttoretire

Wanttoretire Well-Known Member

The other big difference between soap and body wash is the soap scum it leaves on the shower screen. Body wash doesn't do it...less cleaning time and cost.

16. geoffw

That's because body wash leaves more scum on me :)

Wanttoretire likes this.
  17. S1mon

S1mon Well-Known Member

hi guys
    i dont care about body wash, but microfibre sheets for the win..they dry before you can hang them out, feel good (imo), and dont cost too much.sure, they are not the warmest but i got expensive thick quilts for that
    have a great day

18. Whitecat

Whitecat Well-Known Member

I would buy something nice because people are using it on their body. It is one of the more personal experiences of the stay. I think these gestures are important. Make tenants feel special.

wylie likes this.
  19. S1mon

S1mon Well-Known Member

i buy them nice toilet paper!

20. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

Meh, just buy a bucket of dirt. Call them mud packs - put a label saying 'contains rich exfoliating aussie iron'. Save money. Too easy. :p