Blue Mountains Tree Change

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Shanny, 2nd Dec, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shanny

Shanny Member

Hey - just an observation

Appears that I an a bit too late to the party. My work has finally announced that the pre-COVID five days a week in the office will never be implemented post-COVID.

I was waiting for this announcement before deciding to move.

I have started looking in the lower blue mountains for my principal place of residence. It'more quiet, close to the M4 for when I need to go to the office, close to some great bush trails and it's a slower pace of life.

But...it appears that I am a bit late to the party. Around 60% of the people looking up there are from Sydney and from looking at sales data I have seen an increase in price through COVID in this area.

Hmmm I wonder if this means stagnant future growth or the trend will continue. Anyone have a crystal ball?

It's not an investment property but I also don't want a dud home

2. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

How many days do you have to go in?

3. Shanny

Shanny Member

No mandatory minimum. But my team is looking like around twice a week just to increase office culture and collaboration.

Is your work doing something similar?

4. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

I work from home 4 days a week, sometimes 5 and was doing so looong before COVID (we were one of the early flexible working adopters).

All I can say is you're gong to dread those two days of commuting so don't move too deep into the Mountains....maybe Glenbrook to Springwood?

5. Shanny

Shanny Member

That's almost exactly where I am looking. From Glenbrook/Blaxland to Springwood/Faulcombridge.

A few buyers from the inner west also looking. I guess they see a similar lifestyle between the areas

Bwinny likes this.
  6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

@Shanny Have you considered Mittagong or Mangrove Mountain - both have about the same commute.

I'd done that for the last 6-7 years. The office was only 2 or 3 km away but I never went there, nor did any of my coworkers, so we dumped that idea.