Bloggers

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by MTR, 17th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

2. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

People certainly make good money, more don't.

Passive investing isn't as exciting as active or as dynamic, it would be harder to make interesting (for the masses) ongoing topics up. Then again maybe I am dead wrong and it is a gold mine.

MTR likes this.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

There's nothing passive about writing a blog.

I started writing around 6 years ago, with no adverts or even intention to make money from my blog, but opportunities presented when advertisers approached me and then found some other coin affiliate opportunities. At the peak I was probably clearing $100 per hour of writing, but only writing for a couple of hours per week and it probably wasn't scalable. My writing slowed as was seeing fewer opportunities in the niche and wasn't interested in pushing product simply for the clicks and commissions. Don't make much from it at the moment, but given I never started to make any money it doesn't bother me at all.

I saw comment from one market trader who wrote a blog that he had over 2,000 subscribers, he charged US$200 per year, wrote 3-4 shortish posts through the week and then a weekend report which was longer. That's over US$400k a year.

You need to have something unique to offer, otherwise you're going to end up spending 100 hours of writing time for $5.53 in Google Ad revenue.

MTR likes this.