Blockage after water meter replaced

Discussion in 'Repairs & Maintenance' started by The Novice, 6th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. The Novice

The Novice Member

Afternoon fellow PC peeps,

After some prior experience dealing with QUU.

Looks like the water meter to my property in Brisbane required replacement due to burst connection. After the repair, It appears that the tenant reported they had no flow once they returned home.
    QUU re inspected and asked to quote the repair (noted from conversation with REA) which i thought was strange.

Plumbers early indications are leaning towards the line not be cleared properly before re connection of my service, which has blocked the main line & valve of toilets + HWS. Unfortunately the problem that lies is my service is of the gal pipe variety so i'd expect them to blame my old pipe before their workmanship.

Plumber is detailing a report on my behalf but thought id throw it out there and see if anyone else has been caught out by this and how it worked out.

regards,
    Al

2. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Seen it a few times, only maliciously when people haven't paid the plumber, amazing how far a glass marble can travel inside a water main. For the sake of your Tennant's, upgrading the rust filled gal pipework would not only be good for their health but probably fix this easier than dealing with BCC, who will do anything possible to take responsibility.

The Novice likes this.
  3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just have to ask,with the burst connection as by the sounds this was outside your properties footprint..
    Was the plumbing working before this happened ,because sometimes that old gal pipework is full of rust and will lower the pressure ..The only way is replace the entire pipework ..
    BTW i know several plumbers that have worked for the BCC,then re-employed with the BUU ,and knowing how hard they work ,i don't think they con the public as their paycheck is there every friday..imho..

4. The Novice

The Novice Member

Thanks for the feedback,
    It was working fine to my understanding as i had no complaints about pressure prior to the incident but the plumber onsite has made the recommendation to replace it. Looks like its turning into one im going to have to cop by the looks of it, not sure if i can depreciate the repair either...

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Repairs arent depreciable. Deductible

6. The Novice

The Novice Member

Thanks Paul, either you or Merran will help me address this come July...