Blind for aluminium French doors

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Nemo, 25th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

I have some vertical blinds that have seen better days on my outwards opening French doors.

The room is large with 4 other large windows with the same verticals - these are in good condition and I'm not replacing them.

Has anyone replaced the slats in their verticals? How expensive was it?

Any one have any suggestions for a suitable replacement blind for opening doors?

Attached Files:

2. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I wonder how it would look if you just took them off all together and left nothing there.

It has a nice outlook and I'm guessing this is the house you want to sell so the blinds would be open for all inspections anyway.

3. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

Hmmmm yeah it does look like privacy is not an issue on that opening? So, perhaps is sun a problem?

Because if no to the above, then I'd do exactly what Westminster said - remove, don't replace.

4. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Yes I have replaced blades and it wasnt expensive. But verticals on doors are ugly. Just put in some blockout curtains with a rod above the door.

5. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Sun and privacy are both issues with that door. Behind our back fence is a walking track and everyone looks in.

But it is the house we are selling so I do like Westminster's idea of removing. People probably wouldn't notice when inspecting the property and then it's their issue.

Dave I hate verticals too.

Westminster likes this.
  6. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I bought a house once and didn't notice it had no fly screens until tenants moved and and requested them.

I think if people can't see it they will not notice but if they are there and slightly broken or annoying they will notice 99 times out of 100.

Nemo likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia