Blacktown LGA - Painter?

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Redwing, 30th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure whether to post this in Repairs & Maintenance or Renovation & Home Improvement

Our Blacktown LGA ex-Housing IP has had a good run with both yield and capital growth over the last few years and now is up for tenancy again, problem being it needs some TLC to make it look reasonable again

For the initial works I'm looking to get the place painted internal and external, if anyone knows of a good painter in the area?

From memory investors around this area are @skater , @Bargain Hunter @DaveM , @MsAli , @monalisa, @devank , @Jacque ..anyone else :D

I believe that the yard also needs a good overhaul and the kitchen and bathroom could do with a face lift

Looking back on my original Scope Of Works (only some undertaken to get it tenanted ASAP) I had about $30k of work I wanted to do on the place to make it look bright and shiny again

If it was my place I'd probably remove that palm tree in the front yard also, though from past experience they are a pain

45 (2).JPG

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@Jacque recommended us Joe -- Damildash Pty Ltd, 0414259715, or (02) 99132683

Joe did a good job for us. Wasn't the cheapest. But by far the only reliable one we found. And we've had a few places painted by different painters who don't want to do more work / are too busy.

Julie is Joe's niece who takes appointments......

Looking forward to other recommendations

Chilliblue likes this.
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I can't help. We do our own on local stuff. I would ask your PM for a couple of recommendations and see what they say.

Yes, I agree, get rid of that tree!

4. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

If you are in Sydney metro you could try

Matthew at Starlight Painting and Deco.

Ph 1300 131 161 or email [email protected]

Undoubtedly a reasonable price and an excellent result.

I have no association with this company but am very pleased with the outcome in my place (inner west).

Cheers

Ted

5. Redwing

Bargain Hunters free now isn't he, send him around ;)

6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

LOL! He'd do a good job of it too, but I'd get into trouble if I offered his services.

7. Redwing

Had one painting quote for about $6K, the otehr was $12 (internals and externals) :eek:

8. Redwing

May need more than just a painter, it may need a bit of a reno job, it's looking a bit shabby

May need to remove all the old existing ceiling and wall sheets and replace them with either gyprock or hardiflex sheeting. These sheets then need flush jointing and painting, as do remaining walls, ceilings and cornice.

Laundry floor needs repair / re covering (possibly re-tiled?) and replace old concrete trough set up with a stainless steel tub and plastic (no rust) cabinet (also gives more space for a washing machine).

Bathroom needs gutting, remove bath and replace with modular style shower cubicle, new vanity top, cupboard and basin (I bought and fitted a 1200mm unit here for $600 complete with soft close doors and drawers).

Doors etc. need patching and painting.

Maybe re-sand and re-stain the timber floor where practical.

Kitchen is a mess, from the floor up. New kitchen cupboards, possibly Mitre 10 Imagine modular style (cheapest option) with new bench tops. A new Chef style electric oven and hotplates, 600mm.

Rip out all the damaged lino and either replace with lino or vinyl tiles (?).

Need a chippy to square away the damaged window frames and sills, damaged eaves and guttering.

With that in mind I think with NSW govt. owner/builder regs etc. that you would need to comply with if the cost of work exceeds $10,000.00.

OR....Do I just have a look at the cost of pre-fabricated homes delivered on site - all the services are already there and available for hook up. :D