black kitchen sink?

Discussion in 'Styling & Decorating' started by Perthguy, 14th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Are all mixers noisey AF or is just mine (bunnings)?? Have one very similar to photo. When you Use ours for a midnight drink it sounds like a truck roaring through

Last edited: 15th Feb, 2017
    Perthguy likes this.
  2. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

:D
    I love black... if you can make them all black it'll look real nice :D they match well with light coloured granite and marble

Perthguy likes this.
  3. bob shovel

I vote stainless btw if you have SS appliances.

I prefer single sinks (i assume your installing a dish washer) as they are only for big pots and the odd manual wash. and single sink with tap in the centre of the tub. i did extensive research for you and the one i liked was a single deep tub, with a small drying section, and centre mount tap to tub..... turns out it was a "laundry" sink:rolleyes:

Is the granite to late to get grooves cut in? That way you still get semi usable bench space plus not an ugly tray :)

wylie and Perthguy like this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've got this item on my watch list on eBay so that when I'm ready, I'll look into it further. I have a large double bowl, but all we use it for is washing up big baking dishes and the juicer. I need a bigger sink for both. Baking dish one end in at a time is so annoying.

My son has had this style of sink twice now but in stainless and under mounted. I love it the size, but I'm thinking of going with black granite...

790MM BLACK Granite/Quartz Stone kitchen sink BIG single bowl TOP/UNDER mount | eBay

My neighbour has a black similar sink but double bowl. I'm definitely going for the one large sink next time, and I'm thinking black will not need constant cleaning like stainless does. At least it is harder to see if it needs cleaning.

I'll miss my drainer, but will probably get grooves cut in to the bench top so that I can still place things on the bench and the water will drain to the sink.

Sackie, Lizzie, Westminster and 2 others like this.
  5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I love black sinks - I was looking at them before we decided to move. Now our awful white (!) one is staying. :D

Perthguy likes this.
  6. bob shovel

wow so many varieties!!:eek: I like that one:). I have to get one of those drying rack things! atm we lay down a tea towel on the bench. but im thinking an old oven rack will do the job.
    A similar hack i did was getting a piece of ply to put over the laundry tub basin for extra bench space:cool: we only have a small laundry and that made extra work space

Archaon and Perthguy like this.
  7. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

I got this on eBay 2-3 months ago ($95) and it's a monster in height compared to the one I had but it's grown on me and looks good.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. Ginny L

Ginny L Member

I have a black sink, its a large single one with drainer, like your picture. Brand is Oliveria. I think it looks fantastic - absolutely no regrets, and the sink is huge - can fit a large bucket for filling up to do mopping or large watering can. Who uses those tiny 1/4 sinks??

I also have black glass cooktop (induction) and subway tiles with dark grey/black grout so it all matches nicely. have dark grey concrete (ceasarstone) benchtops with brushed stainless steel tapware and other appliances. I's put up a photo but I'm new and not sure how to do it.

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Click on "Upload a File". Then you have a choice of "Thumbnail" or "Full image". I'd always choose "Full image". Because Thumbnails are annoying and take effort for the audience to view.

Archaon likes this.
  10. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I agree with you on the pain of washing baking trays and my electric frypan. I'm getting this Blanco one in the new house - it's not the cheapest but good for a PPOR.

Blanco Australia SINKS SUBLINE700U-Level

You can use the full width for washing big things but the small raised side can also act as a drainer, hold colander etc

Archaon likes this.
  11. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome! :)

Now that's a sink!

12. Perthguy

Anyhoo. Yesterday, I went to Reece, Good Guys and Bunnos. Good Guys had the nicest sink but it was $850 with a manager discount. Too much. The owner/manager was a really nice guy though. We got talking about the build and he sold me a nice stainless steel Bosch dishwasher. Sale price $689. Owner special $655 :)

I also picked my sink which is the Bunnings one I linked to earlier.

20170218_123502.jpg

EN710 and bob shovel like this.
  13. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Ok. Now I'm disappointed it's not black. :(

14. Perthguy

I think black would have been great with a black stove and oven.

15. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Sink prices always surprise me. Such a huge variation that all look the same/similar to me - I get silver blindness with sinks/tapware.

It's good to build up a relationship with someone to get those discounts. I have a good relationship with Plumbtec Parkwood and Winnings Appliances. I got my sink for $600 and Siemens dishwashers for under $700.

If you are after some other Bosch stuff then Winnings at Osborne Park have some specials on stuff that was used at some foodie chef demonstration somewhere - hotplates, ovens, rangehoods etc.

Perthguy likes this.
  16. Bricks

Bricks New Member

Very nice granite!

Best thing I did on my last reno was put in a large black granite kitchen sink. So awesome. The calcium deposits just don't show as badly and just seems to always look cleaner and nicer. And we are very clean people. The trend in black fittings the last couple of years is a real quality improvement in my opinion. Wife & I actually wish we got one in our laundry as well.

Reminds me though of some friends who renovated and put a black toilet in arh that was so horrible I don't know why they loved it.

Perthguy likes this.
  17. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

We have one like this. Right next to the dishwasher. Smaller sink is not used often, but sometimes comes in handy. We did not want or need a double sink so this has worked out to be a good compromise.
    Marg

Perthguy likes this.
  18. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I have a black, reconstituted granite sink. I did it for the same reason you are contemplating it i.e. I put in an interesting benchtop and didn't want to just bung in a stainless sink.
    The brand was Franke.
    It's been in for about 10 years now. It has worn a bit around the plug holes where saucepans etc have been in contact with it. It gets more dirty than a stainless sink, but because it's black it's not noticeable. I would do it again.

Attached Files:

Archaon, Westminster and Perthguy like this.
  19. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

And loos. You can buy a loo for $99 or a lot more...I am always puzzled why they need to sell 155 different white toilets

Toilets available from Bunnings Warehouse

Westminster likes this.
  20. Perthguy